Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Co lead vocals

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Co lead vocals

I've always thought that Visions features two Felders on lead vocals. If Henley is harmonizing, I guess Felder's voice is mixed louder, so I've only heard him. Gotta pay attention to that the next time I hear the song.

Doolin Dalton hands down.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I love it when Glenn 'n Don H sang together - so very special. "After the Thrill is Gone": that's how it's done, peeps.

Stuck on the Border

It's a fantastic moment in Doolin-Dalton when the chorus starts and Glenn's voice sort of takes over. That's the voice that made me fall in love with the Eagles. Anyway, it's great how it follows Don's lead. Probably wouldn't be as effective if Glenn had sung the verse as well.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    To rephrase I’m asking if you prefer split lead vocals (ATTIG, HL) or songs where they share the lead vocals (KOH, GDIH)
    I guess to answer your question, I prefer it when they split lead vocals - I love Ol' 55, After the Thrill is Gone, and Doolin Dalton - so you can hear both voices.

I didn't know they both sang Good Day in Hell - I can only hear Glenn.

Out on the Border

So is Visions harmonizing??? Maybe it's just me but I always thought it was Felder + either Don Henley or Bernie in unison. It sounds too close to be a harmony.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I guess to answer your question, I prefer it when they split lead vocals - I love Ol' 55, After the Thrill is Gone, and Doolin Dalton - so you can hear both voices.
    I didn't know they both sang Good Day in Hell - I can only hear Glenn.
    I also love the split lead vocals. I love Ol'55, DD, and ATTIG.
    I also love How Long, although I do prefer the early 70's rocker version.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Control View Post
    So is Visions harmonizing??? Maybe it's just me but I always thought it was Felder + either Don Henley or Bernie in unison. It sounds too close to be a harmony.
    I have never thought of Visions as other than a Felder lead vocal, so it bemuses me to hear that (presumably) Henley, because I don't think it's Bernie, is singing in unison. It isn't credited as a co lead & I just don't see it that way. It's a close harmony to try & mask the inadequacy of Felder's lead.

It's interesting & sad that I'm the only person who has mentioned WDIDWMH. I love what Glenn & Don do in that song. I also love what Glenn does in the harmonies in the verses of the title track of LROOE, but I would hesitate to call that a co lead.

Ah a topic close to my heart. I always wanted more of the shared leads, particularly because I could never really distinguish the dual harmonies. I wish on the debut album, on songs like tryin,Nightingale, they had experimented more in that way or even the Long Run. HC worked cause of Henley's singular and soulful approach but definitely more Glenn or Bernie co leads wouldve pleased me.I always thought the longhaired members (Randy and Glenn) had a clear voices that contrasted well with the Afro members (Don H and Bernie) who had rougher voices; so maybe a Randy and Bernie co lead woudve been fantastic or Glenn taking the lead on Nightingale with Don singing just the bridge of 'Here goes my baby shining like a Nightingale..' etc. What do you all think about these ideas?
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I have never thought of Visions as other than a Felder lead vocal, so it bemuses me to hear that (presumably) Henley, because I don't think it's Bernie, is singing in unison. It isn't credited as a co lead & I just don't see it that way. It's a close harmony to try & mask the inadequacy of Felder's lead.

It's interesting & sad that I'm the only person who has mentioned WDIDWMH. I love what Glenn & Don do in that song. I also love what Glenn does in the harmonies in the verses of the title track of LROOE, but I would hesitate to call that a co lead.
    I love the bridge part and the don verse where Glenn does those excellent counter parts with Don. I love how Glenn uses his solo style of singing there