Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

I'm with those who put The Disco Strangler near the bottom of my list of Eagles songs. I think there was a good reason that 'Eagley' songs were more successful.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's four then. Someone has said that there is a studio recording of Randy's epic "Wait and See" that still exists. I hope I get to hear it someday but that's about as likely as me being asked to join the Eagles.

Shun, thank you so much for sharing the major info about the ten recorded songs. I don't think that's ever been reported before. Important Eagles scholarship goin' on here.
    Well I've never heard studio recordings of those four last songs, but for those of you who have never heard them at all, there are live versions of 'Georgia Peach' and 'Wait and See' in this thread:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=3092

If you can't find them on the blog link in the opening post, there are mp3s in post #17.

And thanks to all of you who have contributed the info in this thread. It is great and very informative for those of us who don't subscribe.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    I suspect a lot those 8 songs were ones that they were playing in concert in November and December of 1973. I saw one of those shows and some of them could be what ended up on ON THE BORDER, but with Glyn Johns as the original producer. On that segment of the tour, they played:

1)Ol'55
    2)Good Day in Hell
    3)James Dean

all of which ended up on OTB and then

4)Wait and See
    5)Georgia Peach
    6)Blackberry Blossom
    7)Bad Man

which ended up nowhere.
    If no. 7 is the same song I've heard, then Randy recorded that song on one of his solo album. I've heard that song a few times on Sirius.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Yes, Randy recorded a great, rockin' version of "Bad Man" on his first solo album in 1978 and performed the song in concert through the early 80s.

Yes, it would have sucked. Glyn Johns forever

I'm going to add a few more statements to my post that I forgot to post.

Joe brought it was the Smoker you Drink album and said they wanted this guy. I forgot to add that Joe was also at the dinner. Bill saw the guys in 1972 in Denver and they were the opening act for Yes. When he first saw them he thought they were a nice tight vocal country rock band. Bring on Yes.

Already Gone: They were still trying to convince they wanted to rock. Tune up, turn up and rock. How much time you will give me for my lead parts.

On the Border: I forgot to add that they did this song with Glyn Johns, but decided to redo it and make it a R&B, Temptations call and response song.

Journey of the Sorcerer: Bernie brought this song in (along with My man). He said he has this Banjo theme type of song and nobody wanted to write lyrics to it. Bill said let's make it an instrumental. Then it goes back to my post.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Any advice on how we can hear these unreleased songs, SS? Do we need to cultivate more powerful, influential friends? 'Cause I suck at that, unfortunately.

Any advice on how we can hear these unreleased songs, SS? Do we need to cultivate more powerful, influential friends? 'Cause I suck at that, unfortunately.
    I hate to say this, but outlive DH. Or be in the right place at the right time and let it happen completely randomly, which is how I "did" it. But you're not really missing too much, it's a whole lot of mediocrity.

I know you've said that, but it's so hard to imagine Randy's song not being amazing. It's so different to everything else they did.

Can you say if the studio recording of "Wait and See" has the same kind of wailing guitar freak-out as the live version?

In the meantime, I'll cut down on the cigs and try to outlive DH.

I know you've said that, but it's so hard to imagine Randy's song not being amazing. It's so different to everything else they did.

Can you say if the studio recording of "Wait and See" has the same kind of wailing guitar freak-out as the live version?

In the meantime, I'll cut down on the cigs and try to outlive DH.
    There's a solo but it's shorter and not as good as the live version by a good distance

Stuck on the Border

There is a version of a few of these songs I heard from a concert at Holy Cross College in Mass. in 1973. The concert was audio only on you tube. However, I don't know if it is still on there.

SS - Outlive DH - cracked me up !

I really don't know what Don's problem is with going into that vault and releasing some or all of the material. I for one would love to hear/see it.