Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

A new guest DJ show with Joe and Bill tomorrow at 5:00pm Eastern/4:00pm Central.

They will talk about the making of the Eagles records.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's great they extended it!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Rebel

That's awesome that they extended it and looking forward to Joe and Bill's show. Thanks, Shun!

Joe did a show last night called the Big Bad Bob show. Joe had his voice disoriented. Toward the end, he played some of his songs (solo and James Gang) and I liked No Peace in the Jungle. This show caught me off guard since it wasn't advertise to come on. I just knew about his show with Bill that premiering this afternoon.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

Thanks for the heads up on Joe and Bill's show, Shun!

Stuck on the Border

Thannks for the updates everyone !

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

Listening to Joe right now. He's playing Disco Strangler!

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    A new guest DJ show with Joe and Bill tomorrow at 5:00pm Eastern/4:00pm Central.

They will talk about the making of the Eagles records.
    That should be very interesting, I hope someone will post a recap I don't subscribe. Thanks Shun!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Here's a recap from the show. I'm kinda paraphrasing and I might have missed some parts, but this is what I remembered as I was trying to write it down.

Bill told the story about being asked to be their producer. He, Irving, Tommy Nixon and the guys went to Chuck's Steak House to try to convince Bill to be their producer. Bill really didn't want to be their producer because of their background (country rock). Glenn and even Joe said they really wanted to rock. He finally agreed.

Already gone: His first song he recorded with the Eagles. Glenn felt free with this song.

Best of my love: This song and You Never Cry Like a Lover they kept. Bill remix the song so it can be like the other songs. The Eagles had already recorded ten songs but only kept two(I wonder where those other 8 songs at). Funny story. Bill went to England and called up Glyn to see if he would like to listen to the album. He said yes. Bill went over to his house, had dinner with him and then listen to the album. Bill asked how was it? Glyn said it sucks. Yikes.

On the border: He said why not make it a r&b song. The Temptations style. A call and response song. Everybody did a line in the bridge. Bill said this was his favorite track on the album.

One of these nights. Rock took over. Felder had just join. Joe brought up what part he has from this song. Joe gets Bernie's part. I think they said Bernie came up with the beginning part, but I thought that was a bass line.

Journey of the sorcerer - Bernie was heading out the door and wanted to try to put some of Bernie's songs on the album. Bernie brought in this instrumental and also My Man. Glenn and Don almost shot this down saying we don't do instrumental. (OK. So what is Doolin Dalton instrumental, Wasted Time reprise, I Dream There Was No War. I guess they changed their minds on that) Bill thought it felt like a Finili(SP?) in Florida vibe. Jim Ed Norman wrote the music for the strings. This song was use in a British show called The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Lyin eyes- Joe called this song epic. Bill tells the famous story.

Take It To the Limit: Melvin and the Blue Notes R&B kinda vibe.

After the Thrill Is Gone: Joe asked did Bill had a hand in this. He said no. Don and Glenn brought it to him. He joked about Don and Glenn probably didn't know he producer The Thrill is Gone.

Joe joins the band and Bill asked him back then, "Are you sure you want to do this." A lot of head scratching, but it worked. Joe was around when they were writing for the One of These Nights album.

Try and Love Again: Bill asked how many songs they had ready. Joe said goose egg. Bill said one. Try and Love Again. Nothing else was done at that moment.

Hotel California: Highlight favorite moment was him sitting in the studio, Felder and Joe put down the leads for Hotel California. It took 2 days.

The Eagles wanted to do a double album for The Long Run. How many songs they have. None. Fleetwood Mac was also doing a double album. So it was competition. They had 17 tracks stack up and only used 4 songs that had lyrics.

The Disco Strangler: This is Bill's favorite track from the album.

Teenage Jail: Glenn tried to played sax on this song. They used synthesizer instead.

Random Victims part 3: Soul Pole series. They used that one and Bill also clean that one. I guess it was much dirty than what we hear.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-03-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Stuck on the Border

[quote=shunlvswx;369435
    After the Thrill Is Gone: Joe asked did Bill had a hand in this. He said no. Don and Glenn brought it to him. He joked about Don and Glenn probably didn't know he producer The Thrill is Gone.

[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I find that impossible to believe. I always assumed that the title was a direct reference to Bill having produced The Thrill Is Gone.

I will be interested to see Soda's reaction to him stating that TDS is his 'favourite track' from that album.