Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

They made a lot of effort to go through archives to get HC-era interviews and live video for History of the Eagles. One does wonder why some of the stuff they didn't use wasn't put on a disc for this re-release. There must have been loads of it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I agree, the readers of this board are definitely their target purchaser, buying everything in triplicate, eagerly searching for something new for their collection. .....
    I disagree Freyfollower. Eagles have always aimed at the mass market. They've released or re-released a greatest hits roughly every seven or eight years to catch the next generation of music lovers. The 40th anniversary of Hotel California is likely to be aimed at that same market.

Once I knew Henley was overseeing it, my expectations diminished considerably. I think demo Eagles stuff will start to pop up when Henley dies, when there will be no one who considers it worthwhile getting courts involved to prevent their release.

My brother suffered the downside to the general release of unfinished demos.
    The DJ at his wedding played the demo version of the song he requested for the first dance with his new wife at their wedding.

I just placed my order through the Eagles store, fingers crossed all goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I disagree Freyfollower. Eagles have always aimed at the mass market. They've released or re-released a greatest hits roughly every seven or eight years to catch the next generation of music lovers. The 40th anniversary of Hotel California is likely to be aimed at that same market.

Once I knew Henley was overseeing it, my expectations diminished considerably. I think demo Eagles stuff will start to pop up when Henley dies, when there will be no one who considers it worthwhile getting courts involved to prevent their release.

My brother suffered the downside to the general release of unfinished demos.
    The DJ at his wedding played the demo version of the song he requested for the first dance with his new wife at their wedding.
    I do believe that Glenn and Don weren't lying when they said that there really aren't any demos out there or at least ones they own. Some do but I bet they have less than any other band does. As felder says when old tracks weren't used for the album they were sent to "digital heaven" they weren't kept somewhere. The only thing left from the failed Eagles reunion a couple years before HFO is a video by felder. That attempt actually had some good licks from joe apparently and had some decent tracks which weren't used. And this in a much more modern era than that of the 70's. The soul pole probably has some though I'm not sure how many he would have

$100 seems pricey to me. I was really hoping they would have a disc with more video footage of some sort... like the rest of the Capitol Centre show at least. We know they have two nights' worth of material to work from.

You can often find a copy of the HC tourbook on eBay for not much money.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I do believe that Glenn and Don weren't lying when they said that there really aren't any demos out there or at least ones they own.
    They were lying

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    They were lying
    Do you have legitimate reason to believe that?

Do you have legitimate reason to believe that?
    Yes, I do

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I do believe that Glenn and Don weren't lying when they said that there really aren't any demos out there or at least ones they own. Some do but I bet they have less than any other band does. As felder says when old tracks weren't used for the album they were sent to "digital heaven" they weren't kept somewhere. The only thing left from the failed Eagles reunion a couple years before HFO is a video by felder. That attempt actually had some good licks from joe apparently and had some decent tracks which weren't used. And this in a much more modern era than that of the 70's. The soul pole probably has some though I'm not sure how many he would have
    Felder himself must have had huge numbers of demos, given that he provided large numbers of tracks from which Henley/Frey choose a couple. E.g. the well-told story of them picking their ears up for Hotel California.

Stuck on the Border

Felder mentions having copies of some demos when they attempted to make what would become LROOE in his book. I have not read it in a long time but if I remember right, he mentions taking them home and still having them.

YEF - Believe SS -he/she knows what they are talking about. I also believe they have tons of footage and demos that they do not want to release sitting in vaults somewhere. They managed to hand over stuff for the HOTE. Yep, bet there is plenty more.