Page 163 of 166 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’d say they’re similar but it’s not something worth arguing over
    As long as someone keeps bringing it up - this voice thing - I'll keep saying how I feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    As long as someone keeps bringing it up - this voice thing - I'll keep saying how I feel about it.
    Don't get me wrong, you're totally in your right to say your opinion on it but I just don't want to argue about it is all

Stuck on the Border

I’m just stunned that people are so disillusioned by the replacement of Glenn that they would think they would go with Joe Tim Deacon Vince and a replacement for don. None of them are original eagles, 80% of the setlist would be from non eagles. It just wouldn’t happen. If Don had died instead of Glenn it would be conceivable the band would move just as easy as they did with Glenn. Though not necessarily true, public opinion has don as the Better singer. They are equal in my eyes but most believed don to be better including Geffen, Felder, Randy, geffen, rolling stone magazine
    Another sweeping generalisation We have already been through this. I don't have to agree with 'public opinion', 'most' or especially, Don Felder, who thought Frey was a talentless hack. The operative word is opinion.
    Last edited by Freypower; 10-24-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Another sweeping generalisation We have already been through this. I don't have to agree with 'public opinion', 'most' or especially, Don Felder, who thought Frey was a talentless hack. The operative word is opinion.
    I’m not exactly sure why you think I said you had to agree with them. I said “though not necessarily true” for a reason. If I said that just because they saw it that way that means you have to agree, that would be absurd. I don’t know which of the two I prefer I go back and forth. But I’m stating the truth that what I’m saying is some ridiculous thing. But this is not my main point. The main point is the Eagles would not carry on as any ties to ANY song on the greatest hits album would be entirely gone. They would carry on with joe and Tim as tje only Eagles.

Stuck on the Border

I’m not exactly sure why you think I said you had to agree with them. I said “though not necessarily true” for a reason. If I said that just because they saw it that way that means you have to agree, that would be absurd. I don’t know which of the two I prefer I go back and forth. But I’m stating the truth that what I’m saying is some ridiculous thing. But this is not my main point. The main point is the Eagles would not carry on as any ties to ANY song on the greatest hits album would be entirely gone. They would carry on with joe and Tim as tje only Eagles.
    And the main point of myself & others who agree with me is that they should not have carried on without Glenn. But never mind. What was stated by Soda, I think, is that they've gone this far. Why wouldn't they do it again, no matter how rdiculous it may seem.

There was more to their music than the ten greatest hits songs, by the way. They had one album with Joe, one album with Joe & Tim, and one album with both Joe & Tim (LROOE) which both you & they seem to have forgotten ever existed. So although Joe & Tim did not sing most of those songs, they could conceivably decide to get someone to replace Henley if they thought they could get away with it. What they have done, basically, is to tear up the rule book. It's a bit late to say 'they will never replace Henley' when it was assumed they would never replace Frey. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY, yes. But it is not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    And the main point of myself & others who agree with me is that they should not have carried on without Glenn. But never mind. What was stated by Soda, I think, is that they've gone this far. Why wouldn't they do it again, no matter how rdiculous it may seem.

There was more to their music than the ten greatest hits songs, by the way. They had one album with Joe, one album with Joe & Tim, and one album with both Joe & Tim (LROOE) which both you & they seem to have forgotten ever existed. So although Joe & Tim did not sing most of those songs, they could conceivably decide to get someone to replace Henley if they thought they could get away with it. What they have done, basically, is to tear up the rule book. It's a bit late to say 'they will never replace Henley' when it was assumed they would never replace Frey. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY, yes. But it is not impossible.
    I'm not here to talk about "should" replace Henley or Glenn. I'm here to say why they "wouldn't" replace Don. The Eagles [I]need[I] one of Don and Glenn. I'm aware that they had more than a greatest hits album but the material on the greatest hits and the HC album plus a couple songs from TLR that drive people to the concerts still. Joe and Tim know their place within the band and they wouldn't consider it. Something like this is not outside the realm of possiblity but it would be unfathomable. And it would be a lot worse than what is currently happen. I'm not sure everyone assumed they would stop because a good while before the new tour Don at one point said they could continue with Deacon. That was scrapped and then it happened. If they continued on, it would be like Bernie, Randy, and Felder calling themselves the Eagles and then having a tour. There would be little interest from the public anyhow. On a separate note, having read Soda's story with Glenn only reinforces my sadness of never getting to see Glenn.

Have to say I personally believed Henley and many others when they said Glenn Frey was irreplaceable -- until he wasn't. And yes, that is what has happened with the addition of Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.

It's very simple: if whoever was left holding the reins thought it would be profitable for the band to continue without Don, it would. Of course, one would have to decide if the band would still be marketable with neither of its lead singers. ... but if people just want to see "the Eagles"... again, other bands have done it.

And for this band, there is no line to cross anymore.

Joe and Tim know their place within the band and they wouldn't consider it.
    Who said it would be up to them?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I'm not here to talk about "should" replace Henley or Glenn. I'm here to say why they "wouldn't" replace Don. The Eagles [i]need[i] one of Don and Glenn. I'm aware that they had more than a greatest hits album but the material on the greatest hits and the HC album plus a couple songs from TLR that drive people to the concerts still. Joe and Tim know their place within the band and they wouldn't consider it. Something like this is not outside the realm of possiblity but it would be unfathomable. And it would be a lot worse than what is currently happen. I'm not sure everyone assumed they would stop because a good while before the new tour Don at one point said they could continue with Deacon. That was scrapped and then it happened.If they continued on, it would be like Bernie, Randy, and Felder calling themselves the Eagles and then having a tour. There would be little interest from the public anyhow. On a separate note, having read Soda's story with Glenn only reinforces my sadness of never getting to see Glenn.
    Sadly , we are past 'shouldn't'. Now it is about 'wouldn't' and it can no longer be assumed that they 'wouldn't'.

It was not a question of assuming they would stop. It was a question of believing the statements they made. Well, I was naive enough to do so. I will not make that mistake again & neither should anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Have to say I personally believed Henley and many others when they said Glenn Frey was irreplaceable -- until he wasn't. And yes, that is what has happened with the addition of Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.
    Even the Eagles' official site used the word "replaced" - check out the caption of the photo here:

https://eagles.com/news/293163

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten