Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

FP, as soon as I posted that I thought of the Bee Gees.Of course they are the kings of the falsetto. However I would definitely classify some of the vocals in songs like Strange Magic and Do Ya Want My Love as falsettos, if not the lead then certainly the backgrounds.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

About Joe's comment on Bernie. I heard him make a real similar comment on Chicago radio about learning those songs. But he went further, saying that they were a bitch to learn 'cause Bernie was so good. I believe that was his intent, not to dump on Leadon. I think Joe was being his sarcastic self, not mean.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I got an interesting Google Alert this morning regarding a Beatles tribute band performing in Boulder Colorado. The promoter is Ken Weiss of Gold Hill Music and he has a story about Joe!

"Having spent much of 1971-76 near Boulder, Weiss can't leave without a story. And everyone seems to have one about the Rocky Mountain Way man, Joe Walsh.

"I remember he had spent a very long night before David Crosby's wedding," Weiss said. "He couldn't drive there, and didn't think of calling a cab, so he took a bus down Sunset Boulevard instead.

"I never knew anyone who took a bus anywhere in L.A., let alone Joe Walsh, but there he was. And he went home the same way."

Quote Originally Posted by jdubfan View Post
    About Joe's comment on Bernie. I heard him make a real similar comment on Chicago radio about learning those songs. But he went further, saying that they were a bitch to learn 'cause Bernie was so good. I believe that was his intent, not to dump on Leadon. I think Joe was being his sarcastic self, not mean.

Ohhh...interesting take...like Bernie was TOO good - so they canned him cause they couldn't keep up...now that way it is pretty funny!

~Tonja~

Deb, I heard that interview too, and I remember the part you're talking about. That could very well be what Joe meant. Like, "Glad they got rid of HIM-he's so good his stuff is hard to learn!"
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I got an interesting Google Alert this morning regarding a Beatles tribute band performing in Boulder Colorado. The promoter is Ken Weiss of Gold Hill Music and he has a story about Joe!

"Having spent much of 1971-76 near Boulder, Weiss can't leave without a story. And everyone seems to have one about the Rocky Mountain Way man, Joe Walsh.

"I remember he had spent a very long night before David Crosby's wedding," Weiss said. "He couldn't drive there, and didn't think of calling a cab, so he took a bus down Sunset Boulevard instead.

"I never knew anyone who took a bus anywhere in L.A., let alone Joe Walsh, but there he was. And he went home the same way."
    This just cracks me up! Can you imagine being on a bus and it pulls up to bus stop and who should get on but Joe Walsh? What would you do and don't you wonder if he just sat down and rode to his stop or did he kick up a conversation? I'm just imagining that whole scenerio and all options are just funny!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

It sounds like he was still probably drunk off his a**! Either that or really hung over!
    ~ Cathy ~

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    This just cracks me up! Can you imagine being on a bus and it pulls up to bus stop and who should get on but Joe Walsh? What would you do and don't you wonder if he just sat down and rode to his stop or did he kick up a conversation? I'm just imagining that whole scenerio and all options are just funny!
    What would *I* do? *G* I'd end up getting arrested and restraining orders would probably eventually be involved..

Last edited by Koala; 07-08-2010 at 12:08 PM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Thanks for posting that, Koala. I didn't realize Joe was practically with Frankie when it happened. I'm glad he's so supportive.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten