The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Don Henley

Don Henley Cruise down a desert highway with Don Henley.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #1751
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Yes! What a beautiful tribute and an awesome gift to present and future Angelenos (and folks like me who just love to visit).

Another article about it:

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/12/26...laurel-canyon/
NightMistBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #1752
Dawn
Border Troubadour

Thanks NMB,enjoyed the article!
Old 12-30-2017, 08:03 PM   #1753
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Here's a video from CBS This Morning that talks about . Some nice pictures shown. Stop the video at 1:50. You get to see the whole letter.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.c...land-purchase/

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:26 AM   #1754
Shailene
Out on the Border

Hi everybody! I am new this message board Not to talk about old news but I came across a book that was written by a former model named, Lorelei Shellist. It's called Runway Runaway. (She dated Don in the 70's). I didn't read the entire book, I only read the preview. In that, I came to find out that right after Lorelei and Don broke up, he started seeing a girl from Texas. I think this was around 1974 - 1975.
It's common knowledge among Henley fans that Don has an older daughter named Brittany who was born in 1975 (birthdate according to IMDB). This is just my own personal view; 'I' think Brittany was born from his relationship with the Texas girl (nobody knows anything about Brittany's mom and maybe that was her choice).

This is me just connecting the dots. I could be totally wrong about this and maybe it's whole different story.
Well, there's not much known about Brittany either, only that Don and Brittany came to know each other when she reached adulthood.
Also I read in a concert review that, when introducing the song 'That Old Flame,' from his Cass County album, Don said something along the lines of "the internet has a dark side and so many people claim that their children are by him and that it was only true once." (referring to Brittany I think). That statement kinda makes me sad.

What really matters in the end is that it's all behind him now and in the past. I am sure Don loves his daughter and surely Brittany loves her dad.
By the way, I only wrote this out of curiosity and because I am die-hard Henley fan. I am completely aware that he wishes to keep his personal life to himself and that's perfectly fine.
I sincerely hope that he writes his autobiography one day. Wouldn't that be great! I think it's fair to say that all of us Henley/Eagles fans around the world would love love love to read it
Maybe we should start writing letters encouraging him to write one.
Shailene is offline   Reply With Quote