Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Banned

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

You're gonna make me dig through all this shit to find the dates on the first tour tickets?!?

OK, but you're gonna have to come over and help put this stuff back.

And, for those who think that being part of a road crew, or for that matter being in a touring band, is all glamor and Crystal and (forgive me the use of this word) pussy, well… it is.

No, no, it's not. It's a JOB - anytime you have to be somewhere and do something for a living, you're working. High pressure, long hours, lots of boredom (YOU try finding something exciting to do in Wheeling, Wast Virginia on a Sunday), waking up in a different Holiday Inn every morning and not knowing what city you're in…

The moral of all this?

Don't quit your day job, kid!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    You're gonna make me dig through all this shit to find the dates on the first tour tickets?!?

OK, but you're gonna have to come over and help put this stuff back.
    And, for those who think that being part of a road crew, or for that matter being in a touring band, is all glamor and Crystal and (forgive me the use of this word) pussy, well… it is.

No, no, it's not. It's a JOB - anytime you have to be somewhere and do something for a living, you're working. High pressure, long hours, lots of boredom (YOU try finding something exciting to do in Wheeling, Wast Virginia on a Sunday), waking up in a different Holiday Inn every morning and not knowing what city you're in…
    The moral of all this?
    Don't quit your day job, kid!

Peneumbra - LMAO
    I can see it being boring going from city to city away from family and friends. How long did you work as a roadie. Was the pay good ?

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    Slightly off-subject but ticket price related:

for reasons that remain unclear, I still have some ticket stubs (and a contract with Hartnell Junior College in Stockton, I think) gathered during a stint as a roadie on what may have been the first Eagles road tour back in… I think it was 1971. Actually a tune-up tour up and down the West Coast, playing at small venues in SLO, Salinas, maybe Ashland, OR. This was a long time and many substances ago, so my memory is a tad… opaque.

Anyway. Looking at these tickets, I see that the price of admission was ---

$3.00. Of course, gas was, what? Twenty-five cents a gallon. and a lid (remember THAT?) was ten bucks, period. So there you go...
    LOL sure do remember!!! Welcome to the Border hope you will share more interesting stories especially any that relate to 1970-1974 ...

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Banned

I worked on Eagles tours up through 1976, along with a host of other groups, particularly New Riders. Worked my way up from Amp Ape to tech, and spent more time working for Wolf and Rissmiller, or Avalon, the local L.A. promoters.

In some ways, who the road and tour managers are is more important than who is in the band; a bad road manager can make life fucking awful for everybody.

The worst of them were invariably English, real old-school thugs (you could just picture them as Fagin or Captain Bligh). Worst of the worst was that asshole who managed Led Zep. I think some promoter finally had enough of him and killed him with a fireplace andiron. i know Bill Graham WANTED to…

The Eagles, of course, had Rich Fernandez, who was terrific. a nice guy, quiet, very competent.

Welcome peneumbra. If you'd like to start a new topic talking a bit about your experiences, there is obviously a lot of interest!

Could you do me a favor and keep the language PG, please? Thanks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Rebel

Hahaha! Haven't heard the term "lid" in years!

Banned

Sorry about the foul language - this is what happens when you hang around with musicians!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I agree with you. However, this thread is about the ticket prices that are being charged by the band that is currently calling themselves the Eagles. It is not about the legitimacy of that band to do so.

I think the only way that legitimacy (or lack of it) is relevant to this thread is the irony of their ticket prices being higher now. Regardless of that irony, I keep coming back to the fact that the ticket prices are based on what people are willing to pay.... and people are willing to pay these prices. Obviously, the lack of Glenn does not make a significant enough difference to them to discourage them from paying top dollar. That's reality.

I guess if you look at it in the harsh light of business sense, it's only logical for them to charge as much as they can get.
    I know this thread has gone quiet, but I meant to respond to this a while back. I saw something today that reminded me of this again so I’ll make one other observation about current ticket prices. I don’t believe this was mentioned previously in this thread and if it has, then I missed it and apologize for the repetition.

I agree with what Soda wrote here, but wanted to add to her thoughts about this. So, not only are the current ticket prices higher than they were for the HOTE tour, but the shows are shorter. I rechecked this a few weeks ago and the HOTE setlist included 28 songs. The shows lasted over 3 hours including an approximate 15 minute intermission. On the other hand, the recent setlist includes 23 songs with no intermission so I’m guessing these shows are somewhere between 2 – 2 ˝ hours in length. Maybe someone who has attended a show can confirm this. But, nonetheless, the consumers are getting 5 fewer songs and at least 30 minutes less show time for more money; yet if the tickets continue to sell, they will likely continue to go up.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I was very in tune with the HOTE set list during that tour, as I got to go to a couple of shows. I have not been paying much (if any) attention to the current set list. I wonder what songs are not being played that were played during HOTE? I could take the time to do a comparison, but I'm not sure that I care enough to...does anyone know if anything has yet been posted about dropped songs? Are they playing PMAIAR? Definitely not the Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise, which I love. Definitely no Saturday Night or Train Leaves Here (hey, it's all coming back in my memory woo hoo). I think they're playing Those Shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I was very in tune with the HOTE set list during that tour, as I got to go to a couple of shows. I have not been paying much (if any) attention to the current set list. I wonder what songs are not being played that were played during HOTE? I could take the time to do a comparison, but I'm not sure that I care enough to...does anyone know if anything has yet been posted about dropped songs? Are they playing PMAIAR? Definitely not the Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise, which I love. Definitely no Saturday Night or Train Leaves Here (hey, it's all coming back in my memory woo hoo). I think they're playing Those Shoes...
    Yeah they replaced the deep cuts. They played basically GH1, the singles from HC, ICTYW, HT, Love will keep us alive, the Joe Walsh classics and in the city. I feel like they should bring back the Long Run, wasted time, and victim of love.