Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    This is a bit perplexing. While I agree with your post, I believe this thread discussion has been civil and respectful, and the OP made a point of saying everyone is welcome to express his or her views, so it’s not just a one-sided dialogue.
    In the old thread, nobody was told that their opinions irked people, or that using the word "greedy" was akin to schoolyard name-calling.... and yet in that old thread, the band was indeed called greedy, and people did indeed say they thought the Eagles were doing a disservice to their fans. Strong words were used. One poster even said that he would never go to another show - not because he couldn't afford it, but as a matter of principle. He described shows at that price as "financial rape." No one chastised him for his harsh words or complained about how hard he was on the band members; it was just part of the discussion.

To the people who participated in that thread - me, Freypower, Dreamer - the difference in how people react to criticism of the band being discussed is quite apparent.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Thank you for finding that link Dreamer; I stand corrected about past complaints regarding ticket prices. What is notably different is the lack of any sentiment being expressed that the Eagles should not be performing in the first place, nor using the Eagles name. I can only imagine the reaction if someone had chimed in repeatedly about how wrong the band is for continuing on (for whatever reason, without Felder, etc.).
    Yes, because the founder & leader of the band has died. There were a lot of words spoken by the surviving members about how they could not continue, and some of us, myself included, believed them. There is no analogy with the continuation without Felder. In the previous thread, they were still the Eagles as we knew & loved them. They are not that band now. They never will be (in my view). And quite frankly I find it very sad that this still needs to be explained, and that some just still think they are the 'Eagles' as if nothing happened. I don't understand it. I can't.
    Last edited by Freypower; 12-28-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Yes, because the founder & leader of the band has died. There were a lot of words spoken about how they could not continue, and some of us, myself included, believed them. There is no analogy with the continuation without Felder. In the previous thread, they were still the Eagles as we knew & loved them. They are not that band now. They never will be (in my view). And quite frankly I find it very sad that this still needs to be explained, and that some just still think they are the 'Eagles' as if nothing happened. I don't understand it. I can't.
    I agree with you. However, this thread is about the ticket prices that are being charged by the band that is currently calling themselves the Eagles. It is not about the legitimacy of that band to do so.

I think the only way that legitimacy (or lack of it) is relevant to this thread is the irony of their ticket prices being higher now. Regardless of that irony, I keep coming back to the fact that the ticket prices are based on what people are willing to pay.... and people are willing to pay these prices. Obviously, the lack of Glenn does not make a significant enough difference to them to discourage them from paying top dollar. That's reality.

I guess if you look at it in the harsh light of business sense, it's only logical for them to charge as much as they can get.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This is a bit perplexing. While I agree with your post, I believe this thread discussion has been civil and respectful, and the OP made a point of saying everyone is welcome to express his or her views, so it’s not just a one-sided dialogue.
    I went through all of my remarks and am also perplexed about how anything I said could be interpreted to mean that this thread is or should be a one-sided dialogue. However, I apologize if my remarks were perceived that way even though it is in no way what I intended. But this is actually a perfect illustration of the point I was trying to make about there being less tolerance and understanding of differing viewpoints on the board now. I’m certainly not laying the blame on anyone in particular, nor do I mean to imply that there was never conflict in the past. However, the different perceptions of what are facts and reality in this thread alone is very indicative of what I’m talking about. I don’t believe folks are dealing in facts and reality when they convolute the meaning of other’s posts to fit their own narrative. What also concerns me is how quick some are to, intentionally or unintentionally, assign ulterior motives to others opinions rather than accept that there can be genuine disagreement about some topics. The end result is a less civil and respectful environment. But, the bottom line is I brought this up as a response to the question in this thread about what’s changed. I was hoping that folks would see this observation as an opportunity to be more tolerant of one another. In any event, it is certainly not a desire on my part to be the Border patrol for ethics and morality.

Thank you for finding that link Dreamer; I stand corrected about past complaints regarding ticket prices. What is notably different is the lack of any sentiment being expressed that the Eagles should not be performing in the first place, nor using the Eagles name. I can only imagine the reaction if someone had chimed in repeatedly about how wrong the band is for continuing on (for whatever reason, without Felder, etc.).
    I agree that this is really off-topic from the original point of this thread. The issue that you raise has been discussed time and time again on this board over the years – it just didn’t come up in that old thread because, as has been stated, the current situation is not analogous to Felder’s dismissal. Again, I believe it came up here because the discussion had evolved into a question of what had changed about the pricing of tickets over the years. IMO, if folks want to continue analyzing this in more detail, then we should move the discussion outside of this thread.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I went through all of my remarks and am also perplexed about how anything I said could be interpreted to mean that this thread is or should be a one-sided dialogue. However, I apologize if my remarks were perceived that way even though it is in no way what I intended.
    I’m perplexed why this thread was being singled out as one lacking civility and respect when IMO that isn’t the case. I stated that the OP was being open to differing points of view and therefore it wouldn’t be a one-sided discussion. I didn’t mean to say that you were claiming it was one-sided and I apologize for the misunderstanding. I should have been more clear.

But this is actually a perfect illustration of the point I was trying to make about there being less tolerance and understanding of differing viewpoints on the board now. I’m certainly not laying the blame on anyone in particular, nor do I mean to imply that there was never conflict in the past. However, the different perceptions of what are facts and reality in this thread alone is very indicative of what I’m talking about. I don’t believe folks are dealing in facts and reality when they convolute the meaning of other’s posts to fit their own narrative. What also concerns me is how quick some are to, intentionally or unintentionally, assign ulterior motives to others opinions rather than accept that there can be genuine disagreement about some topics. The end result is a less civil and respectful environment. But, the bottom line is I brought this up as a response to the question in this thread about what’s changed. I was hoping that folks would see this observation as an opportunity to be more tolerant of one another. In any event, it is certainly not a desire on my part to be the Border patrol for ethics and morality.
    I’m also sorry that my brief, seemingly innocuous post where I was merely stating an opinion is being characterized this way. I don’t know what else to say. Perhaps this is my cue to get off the crazy train and just keep my mouth shut from now on.

I agree that this is really off-topic from the original point of this thread. The issue that you raise has been discussed time and time again on this board over the years – it just didn’t come up in that old thread because, as has been stated, the current situation is not analogous to Felder’s dismissal. Again, I believe it came up here because the discussion had evolved into a question of what had changed about the pricing of tickets over the years. IMO, if folks want to continue analyzing this in more detail, then we should move the discussion outside of this thread.
    I brought it up in part b/c this is a divisive issue which hangs like dark cloud over every topic related to the current line-up. This is what distinguishes present vs. past debates. But I agree it is not directly on point. In my defense, I’m hardly the first person to go OT.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I agree with you. However, this thread is about the ticket prices that are being charged by the band that is currently calling themselves the Eagles. It is not about the legitimacy of that band to do so.
    I think the only way that legitimacy (or lack of it) is relevant to this thread is the irony of their ticket prices being higher now. However, I keep coming back to the fact that the ticket prices are based on what people are willing to pay.... and people are willing to pay these prices. Obviously, the lack of Glenn does not make a significant difference to enough people to discourage them from paying top dollar. That's reality.
    I guess if you look at it in the harsh light of business sense, it's only logical for them to charge as much as they can get.
    I could not agree more Soda. I think we all thought we would never see the Eagles on stage without Glenn. As to whether this would have happened if Don passed instead of Glenn, I don't think so. I think Glenn would have called it quits. However, hypothetically speaking, it could happen. There are many an Eagles tribute band out there who are quite good and the singer doing Don's songs sounds pretty close to him.

As long as people are willing to pay the high prices for tickets, the Eagles will keep charging them. Like we have said -supply and demand.

Delilah - I think most of us can say we have gone off topic. I know I have.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

@ Delilah - My turn to clarify – there was never any intention to single this thread out. I thought I was making myself clear that I was talking about the overall environment on the board. My apologies again for any misunderstandings.

I am also very sorry that my posts intended to encourage a more civil and respectful environment has apparently backfired. My only motive was to promote a more positive tone on the board – not provoke it. This is exactly the reason that I did not wish to comment on the Felder matter because, as you said, it is divisive and I didn’t want to take this thread in that direction. The last thing I want to do here is cause more friction, but I, too, am guilty for taking this thread off topic. So – hopefully we can get back on track and talk ticket prices even if we have to agree to disagree.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

Cool Re: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Slightly off-subject but ticket price related:

for reasons that remain unclear, I still have some ticket stubs (and a contract with Hartnell Junior College in Stockton, I think) gathered during a stint as a roadie on what may have been the first Eagles road tour back in… I think it was 1971. Actually a tune-up tour up and down the West Coast, playing at small venues in SLO, Salinas, maybe Ashland, OR. This was a long time and many substances ago, so my memory is a tad… opaque.

Anyway. Looking at these tickets, I see that the price of admission was ---

$3.00. Of course, gas was, what? Twenty-five cents a gallon. and a lid (remember THAT?) was ten bucks, period. So there you go...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post

for reasons that remain unclear, I still have some ticket stubs (and a contract with Hartnell Junior College in Stockton, I think) gathered during a stint as a roadie on what may have been the first Eagles road tour back in… I think it was 1971. Actually a tune-up tour up and down the West Coast, playing at small venues in SLO, Salinas, maybe Ashland, OR. This was a long time and many substances ago, so my memory is a tad… opaque.

$3.00. Of course, gas was, what? Twenty-five cents a gallon. and a lid (remember THAT?) was ten bucks, period. So there you go...
    OMG - $3.00 for a ticket ! What were the dates on the tickets ? This had to be after they played in Aspen but before they went to London to record their first album(Feb.'72). How long did you work as a Roadie ?
    BTW - Welcome !

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post

Omg, a roadie with the eagles..that is so cool!! $3 for a ticket, wow. Times sure have changed!