The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Joe Walsh

Joe Walsh Enjoy the good life with Joe Walsh (everybody says he's cool).

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #1231
Delilah
Stuck on the Border
 
Delilah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Long road south out of Cass County
Posts: 2,754
Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Is anybody going to buy it? I think I might, but I will wait and buy it used for a couple bucks, then skim it to see if there's any good stuff buried in the gunk.
I doubt I will buy it. Unless maybe I come across a used copy somewhere for cheap. If she were some run-of-the mill groupie, her revealing these private, personal details would be kind of shady but not unexpected. But she sounds like she had a real relationship with Joe, and selling him out with this tell-all seems tacky and distasteful. Who knows though, maybe there’s some new, interesting insight about Joe.

Anyone else thinks she looks a little like Stevie?

Thanks for the link, longtimeeaglesfan.
__________________

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #1232
Ive always been a dreamer
Moderator
 
Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cruising down the center of a two-way street in Virginia
Posts: 17,258
Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
I doubt I will buy it. Unless maybe I come across a used copy somewhere for cheap. If she were some run-of-the mill groupie, her revealing these private, personal details would be kind of shady but not unexpected. But she sounds like she had a real relationship with Joe, and selling him out with this tell-all seems tacky and distasteful. Who knows though, maybe there’s some new, interesting insight about Joe.

Anyone else thinks she looks a little like Stevie?

Thanks for the link, longtimeeaglesfan.
I think this kinda sums up how I feel. I don't consider myself a prude, but I just get kind of an 'icky' vibe ... TMI.
__________________

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
Glenn Frey 1948 - 2016
Ive always been a dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #1233
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border
 
shunlvswx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 4,847
Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I won't buy it either. I don't want to read stories like that especially from somebody who's probably trying to paint a bad picture of Joe. That's in the past and Joe is not like that anymore.
__________________

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #1234
Brooke
Moderator
 
Brooke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
Posts: 20,074
Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Not my cup of tea either! There's just some things I don't need to know!
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
"They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:47 PM   #1235
WalshFan88
Stuck on the Border
 
WalshFan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 9,631
Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
I won't buy it either. I don't want to read stories like that especially from somebody who's probably trying to paint a bad picture of Joe. That's in the past and Joe is not like that anymore.
This is basically it. I think that's exactly what they are trying to do.

This as was mentioned isn't a groupie memoir, it's about one person and from what I've read about it, it's very demeaning and I think someone is bitter and decided to drag Joe through the muck in this "tell all" book. It's not like a groupie who was with tons of rockstars and brags about it (*cough* Pamela Des Barres *cough*), this is about a relationship with Joe and his demons he struggled with.
__________________
-Austin-
Resident Guitar Slinger
Fan of the Eagles 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

"People don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time."

RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016

WalshFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:06 PM   #1236
RamboIV
Out on the Border
 
RamboIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 94
Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Is anybody going to buy it? I think I might, but I will wait and buy it used for a couple bucks, then skim it to see if there's any good stuff buried in the gunk.
I'm definitely going to buy it! Trashy tell-alls are fun. Felder's book wasn't much more than that. So I'll take the sleazier aspects with a grain of salt, but it's really not going to change my opinion of Joe.

Here's the thing: it doesn't matter what's in the book. We know how it ends -- he comes out alive and well! No one can take away his recovery story, so if anything, this book will show how bad he got so we can fully appreciate/admire his climb out of addiction.
__________________
"City streets don't have much pity,
When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
-Joe Walsh
RamboIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #1237
Ive always been a dreamer
Moderator
 
Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cruising down the center of a two-way street in Virginia
Posts: 17,258
Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I think you make an excellent point, Rambo. Thank you!
__________________

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
Glenn Frey 1948 - 2016
Ive always been a dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #1238
sodascouts
Administrator
 
sodascouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
Posts: 31,602
Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboIV View Post
I'm definitely going to buy it! Trashy tell-alls are fun. Felder's book wasn't much more than that. So I'll take the sleazier aspects with a grain of salt, but it's really not going to change my opinion of Joe.

Here's the thing: it doesn't matter what's in the book. We know how it ends -- he comes out alive and well! No one can take away his recovery story, so if anything, this book will show how bad he got so we can fully appreciate/admire his climb out of addiction.
Very true. You'll have to let us know what you think.
__________________


Always in our hearts, Never forgotten
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.