Page 100 of 145 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Yep. What a difference indeed.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Desperado

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I have just been listening to a pretty good quality "recording" from March of this year, and I have to say, I really don't like what I hear.
    I know the recording isn't perfect, but I think it's time for the guys to really think about folding it down. I watched some of the YouTube stuff from last year, and it was all pretty good, but in what I have been listening to, Don and Joe are both sounding very "old man" like, for lack of a better word.
    Also, Timothy was not anywhere close to hitting the higher notes in I Can't Tell you Why. His voice would almost completely disappear at the highest parts.

Also, the re-arranging of songs doesn't suit me..and I know, they could care less what suits me, but it feel a lot like a Don Henley concert. He has always messed around with re-arranging Eagles songs at his shows. I think the first time I heard "Hotel California" on the Inside Job DVD I about passed out.

I think it's time guys.....ride off into the sunset.

Well they are freaking 70+ ; I mean how long do they plan on going out there? Sometimes I really think they are going to tour until Don Henley literally cannot croak out more than six notes (changing arrangements to suit their shrinking registers) even if it means they have to wheel them out there.

They've already shown that they're willing to sacrifice the integrity of the Eagles sound for a buck. Going out there despite the deteriorating quality of their vocals is just continuing down that path.

As long as the fans keep paying...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well they are freaking 70+ ; I mean how long do they plan on going on there? Sometimes I really think they are going to tour until Don Henley literally cannot croak out one more than six notes (changing arrangements to suit their shrinking registers) even if it means they have to wheel them out there.

They're already shown that they're willing to sacrifice the integrity of the Eagles sound for a buck. Going out there despite the deteriorating quality of their vocals is just continuing down that path.

As long as the fans keep paying...
    Maybe retirement brings their own mortality closer to mind than they'd like.
    You know, if we can still do this, we're not that old.

Border Desperado

And, I know I saw the Eagles on HOTE tour, but the Hell Freezes Over Eagles will always been the soundtrack in my mind of them. They were crisp, they played well, sang well, and were just about as good as it could get.

Just my two cents on this:
    Felder was always my favorite member musically, but then him leaving made me lose quite some interest in the band. I don't really listen to much recordings after 1999. Steuart is a proficient guitarist, but him up to the task of Felder? No way for me.

Same way with Glenn for me, but even more. I just feel the new band is "Don Henley and Friends" now. Not the Eagles I even liked. Vince Gill does a decent job, but to me, he is nowhere close to Glenn for me. Doesn't feel close to authentic for me. Kinda feel it is disappointing that Henley decided to go on to earn that paycheck. And I also feel they are losing their voices fast.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Just my two cents on this:
    Felder was always my favorite member musically, but then him leaving made me lose quite some interest in the band. I don't really listen to much recordings after 1999. Steuart is a proficient guitarist, but him up to the task of Felder? No way for me.

Same way with Glenn for me, but even more. I just feel the new band is "Don Henley and Friends" now. Not the Eagles I even liked. Vince Gill does a decent job, but to me, he is nowhere close to Glenn for me. Doesn't feel close to authentic for me. Kinda feel it is disappointing that Henley decided to go on to earn that paycheck. And I also feel they are losing their voices fast.
    Yeah, I was shocked at how their voices were in the show I was listening to from March. Early in the tour, you'd think their voices would be as good as they will be for the tour.

I personally stopped buying their music in the late seventies when Randy left. With Bernie and Randy gone, a piece of the Eagles magic died. I have to agree these days it seems it is Henley and friends.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    I have just been listening to a pretty good quality "recording" from March of this year, and I have to say, I really don't like what I hear.
    I know the recording isn't perfect, but I think it's time for the guys to really think about folding it down. I watched some of the YouTube stuff from last year, and it was all pretty good, but in what I have been listening to, Don and Joe are both sounding very "old man" like, for lack of a better word.
    Also, Timothy was not anywhere close to hitting the higher notes in I Can't Tell you Why. His voice would almost completely disappear at the highest parts.

Also, the re-arranging of songs doesn't suit me..and I know, they could care less what suits me, but it feel a lot like a Don Henley concert. He has always messed around with re-arranging Eagles songs at his shows. I think the first time I heard "Hotel California" on the Inside Job DVD I about passed out.

I think it's time guys.....ride off into the sunset.
    Couldn't agree more BB1976!

They need to stop. Plain and simple. They aren't doing their legacy any favors by offering a half-butt (lol) version of what they used to. It just is sad IMO. Obviously there are some that see it as keeping their name alive, etc but those people and I will never see eye to eye. To me it's very sad and I don't like to think about it much any more. I've already tried to remove anything Eagles out of my news feeds on social media and/or on Google News, etc. Same for the guys individually. It reminds me of an Eagles song - I Don't Want To Hear Anymore. It's depressing and so wrong to me that I don't even care to read about them.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Well said BB and A ... for me there was never any question the guys should have taken their last bow at the Grammy tribute.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016