Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor
Joe originally mixed this album into Quad. The record company wouldn't allow him to put it out like that. The best version I have of So What(!) is a bootleg DVD with the original Quad mix directly off the master tape. I was soooo hoping they'd release that version so everyone could buy it. The sound on it is absolutely mind boggling amazing. I'm lucky to have a surround sound receiver. THAT would be worth the $30. I'm disappointed that this release doesn't include that mix.
I think I've got a 4 track, quadrophonic single of Joe's. 4 "Smoker" tracks from memory. Never had a quadrophonic record player to play it on though. I'm pretty sure I've downloaded the quadrophonic So What LP too but I can't play that either.

I bought the So What LP for £1.99 in about 1977 or 1978. Walsh records were so difficult to find, I never thought they'd get released on CD, I suppose it's some sort of achievement to have it re-released 40 years later at an extortionate price.

ho hum....

From So What but several decades after it was released, here's a rare live, short version of Joe's shortest song, originally a sorta duet with Dan Fogelberg, All Night Laundry Matt Blues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQdiKAybAs