Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles fall "mini" tour announced

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles fall "mini" tour announced

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I noticed that too with Deacon and Vince getting billed more as guests this time. I too hope they will add more in in the New Year and that way I can see them all together (unlike how I have seen Don & Joe this past year solo). Of course I still wish I got to when Glenn was still here, but we don't know how much longer Don, Joe, and Timothy will be so it's a bit of a you have to now or you never will with me and my family.
    I agree, Buffyfan. I hope they come to my area, southeast Texas. I would even consider driving to Louisiana.

Have fun on your cruise, Shun.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I came across this blurb about the Greensboro show but what interested me was the run-down of some of the reviews of the Classic concerts. I hope it's ok to post it here.

The Eagles recent July concerts were met with critical acclaim, with media observers lauding the performances:

“…as expected, musically it was almost perfect throughout the night.” - Forbes

“…impeccable harmonies and musicianship all night long…” – Elmore Magazine

“The Eagles concert at Citi Field Saturday was so poignant and well-executed…” - Newsday

“…the powerful performance felt like a proper celebration of Frey and the legacy of one of the most successful bands of all time.” – Time Out

“The Eagles understand that getting fans to fall in love with a band …requires songs that make listeners believe they belong too.” – Los Angeles Times
    http://www.greensborocoliseum.com/ne...oliseum-oct-17

Stuck on the Border

I wonder if these shows will have a higher proportion of first-time attendees.

Probably, UTW. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like ticket prices are lower, on average, than they have been on previous tours. I'm just guessing that from what I've read on the internet b/c I've never been myself. That would draw more casual fans in who otherwise balked at the higher prices in the past. There could be some Vince Gill fans too who may not be that particularly interested in the Eagles but are willing to see him in any event.

I would drive to Louisiana too. I forgot about Shreveport. Both Shreveport and New Orleans are three hours away from me Shreveport is sad place for the guys since that was their last public show with Glenn. I wish I had went to that Shreveport show, but I just couldn't.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I came across a 1976 photo of Randy that had a caption saying it was from a concert billed as "An Evening with the Eagles." That makes me think this is not a new way of advertising the band - they were using it 40+ years ago.

Intriguing, no? I haven't seen the band billed that way on old ticket stubs (not that I've seen many o' those).

Border Desperado

I have seen that before with other groups. I saw Casting Crowns a few years back and it was billed "An Evening With Casting Crowns".

It seems that it's a way to differentiate when a band is not touring in promotion of an album, or in the Eagles case recently, a documentary.

A 2nd date has been added to the Atlanta show "due to overwhelming demand"-- Saturday, October 21, Philips Arena. Tickets go on sale Aug. 26 at 10 am.

"An Evening With the Eagles" Second Atlanta Show Added

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    A 2nd date has been added to the Atlanta show "due to overwhelming demand"-- Saturday, October 21, Philips Arena. Tickets go on sale Aug. 26 at 10 am.

"An Evening With the Eagles" Second Atlanta Show Added
    Thanks Delilah. They are now at 8 concerts for 2017.

I got tickets to the Louisville concert. Although, I will miss Glenn, I look forward to seeing Deacon.
    "Leave me be, I'm just walkin' this line!"