Page 96 of 113 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Default Re: How's the weather?

GA: Our local paper last week said The Heat is On! above the headline. I always have to smile when I hear that on a forecast or sporting event! Keep hitting the ice cream!LOL
    NKIT: Around 100 here, too. Definitely Thank God for A/C! We were talking in the break room today, and I said how we didn't have A/C in school until I was in high school; and that my first car didn't have any.(Not broke..came without it). A young person looked at me like I was 90!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    NKIT: Around 100 here, too. Definitely Thank God for A/C! We were talking in the break room today, and I said how we didn't have A/C in school until I was in high school; and that my first car didn't have any.(Not broke..came without it). A young person looked at me like I was 90!
    No air in our high school either. And my 1972 Dodge Charger didn't have air (that was a luxury!).

My (rich) younger cousin once got into my car and asked how to roll down the window. I pointed to a handle on the passenger side and said, "Crank that." He looked at me like I had the weirdest car in the whole world.

Heat advisories all around the SW Ohio area, too. But the big advantage of working in a computer room? Mandatory air conditioning.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well for the second time in less than a month, we are experiencing the remnants of a hurricane - first Florence a few weeks ago and now Michael. We've had several tornadoes touchdown tonight and the rain is coming down in sheets along with thunder and lightning and tropical storm force winds. Occasionally, I can hear debris hitting the house and my dogs are freaking out. I hope I don't jinx myself, but I still have power. It went out briefly a little while ago, but came right back on. We still have several more hours of this - the sooner it's over, the better. I can't even imagine what it was like in the Florida panhandle on Tuesday.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, the hurricanes were awful! Prayers for safety for everyone involved.

I think fall has finally arrived to stay here after a long, hot summer. We had 33 F this morning when I left for work. 50 F today and frost possible tonight. Same for the rest of the week. I love it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I forgot to update this thread. Within just a few minutes of my post the other night things got even worse and I lost my power. I have lots of trees in my neighborhood and several of them fell on houses on my street (but not mine). The only good news about this is because the live power lines were lying on the ground, the power crews had to respond immediately. They worked throughout the night and our power was restored around 4:30 a.m. If not for this, I probably wouldn't have gotten my power restored until yesterday. Crews had to come back yesterday and worked on the lines all day long without interrupting our power. However, the lines that they rehung are way lower than they should be - at least 6 foot lower than the rest of those on the street. I hope they aren't planning on leaving them like that.

But, the bottom line is that it was a pretty stressful experience - not much sleep that night for me or my pups. However, I have to keeping reminding myself how lucky I am compared to those folks in Florida.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Bitter cold! And my joints are feeling the repercussions.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Ice! And snow. Lots of trees and limbs down. Power line down just outside of town. We have a tree down at the end of our driveway (we've been driving around it). Supposed to ice up again tonight, which means more trees may go down.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

We've had cold and snow, but it's now moderating and 45F today.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Here where I live it's rainy. Snow has come early this year: the hills close to Madrid are snow-covered.
    The leaves of the trees are green, yellow, brown, red...beautiful. I love autumn

Stuck on the Border

Cold here today but tomorrow (Thanksgiving ) is supposed to only be a high of 25 degrees. On the news this morning they said the ballons may not be able to fly for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade if wind gusts hit 35 mph. Right now they are forecasting 33mph winds for tomorrow. So, Mother Nature is cutting it close for tomorrow.