Page 13 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Browne

Default Re: Jackson Browne

I'm so excited for you, Carla! I know how thrilled you are to be seeing JB and Steve Earle in one night! Have a blast, and we can't wait to hear all about it.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

First off, Lou, thanks for the good wishes for the Jackson Browne/Steve Earle concert! I had a ball, and I can't wait to tell everyone all about it!
    I have been a Jackson Browne fan since the early seventies, around the time I began listening to the Eagles! I didn't actually see him in concert, though, til 2008, just like the Eagles! However, I was able to see him several times, so I guess I was making up for lost time.
    I have to say, though, that last night's concert was the best I have ever seen him!
    I'll start off, though, by talking about Steve Earle's portion of the show. When I bought my concert ticket to see JB in March, I had barely heard of Steve. I did have one of his cassettes from the 80's, "Copperhead Road", and I remembered playing it a lot in my car back then, and enjoying it.
    I rediscovered Steve in May, when he released an album of songs by Texas singer/songwriter Townes Van Zandt, who is a great favorite of mine. I was so impressed with how he interpreted Townes's songs, that I began listening to Steve's own songs, and found I just loved them. So seeing Steve open for JB was a HUGE treat for me.
    Of course, many people just came to see Jackson, and during Steve's set, there were two woman sitting beside me talking VERY loudly. They had come in late, and talked during one of my favorite Steve songs, "My Old Friend the Blues". After a few seconds of listening to their incessant chatter, I couldn't take it anymore. I leaned over and said, "Could you ladies please stop talking? This is one of my favorite singers, and I can't HEAR him!" This shut them up, and I was able to enjoy the rest of Steve's set.
    Jackson played for about two and a half hours! He was very chatty with the crowd, and did many favorites of mine including "Sky Blue and Black", "Barricades of Heaven", "Fountain of Sorrow", "Rock Me on the Water", and " The Pretender". (Sadly, he didn't do "Take it Easy")
    During the Pretender, there was this sudden mass migration to the stage! I, of course, came along too. Therefore, I was standing right by the stage when Jackson invited Steve to come back on and do a song with him. They did a rousing version of Steve's song, "I Ain't Ever Satisfied", and Steve got everyone singing along. It was a magic moment, and especially standing so close to the stage like that! I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
    Jackson ended his concert with "Stay/The Load-out", and had the entire place singing with him-I never wanted the night to end!

Carla, this was in Camden, right? I'm amazed the security allowed you all to storm the stage like that!! Lucky! It sounds like heaven! And to think they wouldn't even let us near the stage after the Eagles left in tiny podunk Hershey...remember?
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Stars, sounds like you had a great time! Any pictures?

I'd love to see JB!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

EV, this was Camden, and I was shocked that the security was so lax there! They didn't mind all of us "storming the stage" at all! No one tried to actually get up on the stage, but we got as close as we could. And I do remember how security was in Hershey-they NEVER would have allowed us to storm the stage while the Eagles played! Like you said, they wouldn't even let us NEAR the stage after the Eagles left. All you wanted to know was whether they got your chocolate kisses!
    Brooke, yes, there are pics, but we will need to wait for my son to come home and help put them on. Hubby actually ended up going to the concert after all, and he took some great pics, as he also stormed the stage-surprised me, but he said he knew I would want pics! He is a gem, that's for sure!

Aw, Carla! I'm so glad you had an awesome time (although I knew you would!) I guess the security were on your side last night An experience you'll remember for a long time, I'm sure.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stars, I happy to hear about your JB concert experience. It just makes me want to see him even more!

Who knows Brooke, maybe Jackson will come close enough to both of us that we can go to the same show!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the info, Stars. I'd love to see Jackson live, too. However, he hasn't announced anything close enough to me at this point.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks Troub, PM and Dreamer! It certainly was a fabulous night, and one I will never forget.
    I still can't get over how lax that security was. They didn't even bother folks about taking pictures-I took some and so did hubby, and nobody said a word. Very different to my experience seeing the Eagles in Glasgow!
    Hope PM, Dreamer, and Brooke get to see Jackson at some point!

I think some of the security policies come from the venue, but I also have to believe that the artist themselves tell the venue in advance what they allow.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.