Page 9 of 114 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I know I won't mind!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I know.

Wow, EF, those are amazing pictures, and it sounds as if the whole concert was awesome. Thanks for posting those pics up. Jst post them up!!!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Regarding the song Hallelujah, everyone raves about Jeff Buckley's version. I haven't heard it. The version I have is by its writer, Leonard Cohen. If anyone is interested I can email the MP3. The song starts like this:

Well I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord
    But you don't really care for music, do ya?
    It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
    The minor chord, the major lift
    The baffled king composing 'Hallelujah'..... and it ends with him saying that he'll

stand before the Lord of song
    With nothing on my tongue but 'Hallelujah'. I can't rave about it too much.

Glad you enjoyed it, EF. Here I am, the only Australian in the world uninterested in Keith Urban.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Regarding the song Hallelujah, everyone raves about Jeff Buckley's version. I haven't heard it. The version I have is by its writer, Leonard Cohen. If anyone is interested I can email the MP3. The song starts like this:

Well I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord
    But you don't really care for music, do ya?
    It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
    The minor chord, the major lift
    The baffled king composing 'Hallelujah'..... and it ends with him saying that he'll

stand before the Lord of song
    With nothing on my tongue but 'Hallelujah'. I can't rave about it too much.

Glad you enjoyed it, EF. Here I am, the only Australian in the world uninterested in Keith Urban.

Oh FP, I'm very interested to listen to that song. If you don't mind.

I'd definently be interested in hearing it as well FP!

I saw Elton John in concert last night, and he was terrific!
    He played about 2 1/2 hours, no opening act, no intermission, really high-energy, unbelievably great vocals and piano playing. He stood on his piano stool for part of some songs, and he let people come to the edge of the stage for the last few songs and he actually signed quite a lot of autographs, which was cool.

I only had two problems with the concert: for one, I paid for mid-range seats--not the best but not the cheapest either, and they turned out to be lousy, to the left of the stage in the upper level. The thing was, the piano was facing away from us, so we looked at Elton's back all night. Thank goodness for the giant TV screens!
    The other problem was, I am TOTALLY spoiled by the Eagles singing all their hits. Elton has just as many hits as the Eagles and I wanted to hear them all, and unfortunately I didn't even know the first 6 songs Elton played, all deep album cuts.

But, he was really, really good, and I went with 5 of my friends for a chicks-night-out. We started out at our favorite Mexican place with margaritas for Cinco de Mayo, then went to the concert, where we partied and sang and had a good time. We especially LOVED Crocodile Rock, Rocket Man, Honky Cat & the Bitch is Back.

One other note--the souvenirs were just unbelievably expensive--these prices made the Eagles' pricing look good! The cheapest shirt was a black baby tee with "Bitch" across it (like any of us would wear that) for $50. The theme of my senior prom was Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (yes, I know, I'm reeeeeeally old ) so I really wanted something that said that, and they had a denim jacket with that embroidered across the back of it. Guess how much? $440! I almost died.

$440?! Holy crap!

Glad you enjoyed the show, though. I have both of Elton John's Greatest Hits CDs, but none of his other stuff. I have thought about purchasing "21 at 33" but haven't been able to find it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh wow DF - I'm glad that you got to see Elton. I have never seen him live. I was going to go last year with a friend, but she was unwilling to spring for the price of the ticket, much less any souveniers.

Anyway, good call on not buying that jacket. You can probably go to two Eagles shows for that price (not ILAA, of course).

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Anyway, good call on not buying that jacket. You can probably go to two Eagles shows for that price (not ILAA, of course).
    You're right, dreamer--I will pocket the cash I didn't spend and put it in my "Eagles Tour Fund."