Page 179 of 195 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

There ya go!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Don probably bought that house months ago and the news media finally picked up on it now.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Default Re: Can we talk about Don’s... “incident...” in 1980?

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

I don't want an activist group or a corporation deciding what I can and can't listen to based on accusations or even convictions. I can make my own choice.

The stories of Don Henley and his treatment of women does influence how I listen to his music, particularly when he's chiding others for their shortcomings, but I've heard of nothing that would make me want to boycott his music.

That is ridiculous. How Don treated women has nothing to do with his music. It doesn't affect how I listen to it, nor should it be removed from Spotify or anything else for what he may have done in his personal life. If these groups don't want to listen to it, that's their choice, but like UTW said, I don't want them deciding what people can and can't listen to.

Then they'd better boycott the NBA -- there's a hotbed of mistreatment of women. Oh, and not go to any mainstream movies anymore. Among other things. These are easy targets. Makes them sound like activists to come against them, but I can think of a bunch of other artists whose work is directly, explicitly demeaning of women, and who have repeatedly been accused of abusive behavior toward women, but it would be detrimental to the group for them to go after these individuals.

But you know what? I don't listen to those artists. Like UTW, I certainly don't always approve of Don's reputation concerning women, but if I want to listen to his music, I should be able to do so. I pay for Spotify every month. I should have the right to listen to what I want on there.

I'm going to move this discussion to "Don in the Press" because it's not directly about "the incident." We can talk more about it there.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

So I went and found the open letter from the women's advocacy group:

https://d2486uwqr5x79k.cloudfront.ne...ify_Letter.pdf

Take a look. They don't even give any reasons as to why Don is an "abuser" who should be banned - they just list his name with a bunch of other guys! I guess we're supposed to just take UltraViolet's word for it. Who needs evidence, eh?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I saw this article about 2 weeks ago and I read that stupid letter.

It sucks that they are including Don. He was not charged. I can understand if they found evidence, then they dropped the charges, and Don didn't go to jail and got away with it, but that's not the case. It wasn't his fault that underage girls were at the party. They are acting like they know the whole story of what happened that night and haven't really read what happened. They just want to get rid of his music.

I really want to write them a nasty letter to tell them you have no right to tell me who I should or shouldn't listen to. If I don't want to listen to a certain artist, then that's my choosing not there's. I agree. They have no right to tell us who we should or shouldn't listen to.

I agree, Soda. Who needs evidence. In their eyes, he got away with it (even though they found no evidence of him "abusing" these girls) now we're going to punish him almost 40 years later.

This mess has gotten way out of hand.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-21-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado

I grew up in the 60's and 70's and it seems so ridiculous for this to be happening over 40 years later. Should some of the "normal" behaviors from that period be considered acceptable? Probably not. However, just like most other generations the majority of us in the 60 and 70 age group went on to lead responsible, productive, successful lives after our teens and early 20's. In my opinion the people who wrote this letter figured if they threw in some well know and some controversial musicians from all generations that they would attract more attention. After all, even negative publicity is still publicity.