Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Reminiscing

Well I started reminiscing when I saw on the Eagles history calendar that today is the 4th anniversary of the Eagles show in Sacramento that Soda and I talked about earlier in this thread. Now, for the band, I guess this was just another show, but for me personally, this would turn out to be truly an 'event'. As we said earlier, at the time that we went to this show, I really did believe that it would be my very last Eagles concert. There had been a feeling for quite some time that the California tour would be it for the band. It didn't seem that there would ever be another Eagles album, and that the end for the band was in sight. How wrong we were! Not only was it not the end, but rather I was personally just getting started. Again, this is the concert where I first met Z, Soda, and PLS. We were truly like school girls in our excitement of going to the show and meeting one another. This was only my 4th Eagles' concert, and was the first time I had ever hooked up with other hardcore fans for a show. What fun the weekend turned out to be. Although it had been in the back of my mind for several weeks, this was the first time I seriously brought up the possibility of going to Pebble Beach. Little did we know what future endeavors that weekend would lead to. So the last 4 years have been quite a ride for me, and I'm hoping the end is nowhere in sight.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I was in my run of three successive nights in 2004 which included today (Joe's birthday). Not a word was said about it but they all seemed in a very good mood that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well I started reminiscing when I saw on the Eagles history calendar that today is the 4th anniversary of the Eagles show in Sacramento that Soda and I talked about earlier in this thread. Now, for the band, I guess this was just another show, but for me personally, this would turn out to be truly an 'event'. As we said earlier, at the time that we went to this show, I really did believe that it would be my very last Eagles concert. There had been a feeling for quite some time that the California tour would be it for the band. It didn't seem that there would ever be another Eagles album, and that the end for the band was in sight. How wrong we were! Not only was it not the end, but rather I was personally just getting started. Again, this is the concert where I first met Z, Soda, and PLS. We were truly like school girls in our excitement of going to the show and meeting one another. This was only my 4th Eagles' concert, and was the first time I had ever hooked up with other hardcore fans for a show. What fun the weekend turned out to be. Although it had been in the back of my mind for several weeks, this was the first time I seriously brought up the possibility of going to Pebble Beach. Little did we know what future endeavors that weekend would lead to. So the last 4 years have been quite a ride for me, and I'm hoping the end is nowhere in sight.
    It was an experience I don't think I'll ever forget. Thank you, Ladies.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions
    Trapped here in this flesh and bone

Wow, I cannot believe it's been four years since that fateful weekend. My first Eagles show, my first time to meet fellow hardcores in the flesh - and what hardcores they were - PLS, Dreamer, and Z! Quite a combination!

You know, the fun of that weekend was part of what made me even want to create my own message board - to have a place where we could all be silly together. All three of my new friends were original members of Flip City. Thanks, ladies, for introducing me to a whole new world.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That's a wonderful story ladies.

FP, I have to imagine that Joe said to the guys beforehand not to mention his birthday.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

OK these are not really an Eagles concert reminiscing, this comes later this year, but exactly today one year ago (even almost at this time) I have bought my tickets for my first Eagles concert! With it began a 197-day waiting period on the concert, during this time I have irritated an amount of people,with my constantly talk about the Eagles and with it I have heard constantly Eagles songs!But what shall I say the wait was worth it! I neuer forget this night!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Koala, I am so glad you had such memorable night, and had a chance to see the Eagles for the first time! May you have many more times of seeing them in the future!
    I have been thinking about the last time I saw the Eagles-4th July in Glasgow, Scotland. That, too, was a night I shall never forget!
    Here's hoping that this brand new year brings us all many more happy memories of seeing our favorite band!

2009 was a good year for me Eagles-wise. I saw them in Belfast on 30 June, Dublin on 2 July, Glasgow on 4 July and Birmingham on 8 July.

Then I saw Don's shows in Chicago on 9 November, Boston on 11 November & Atlantic City on 14 November.
    WHAT A GREAT YEAR! THANK YOU EAGLES
    and of course that means I've seen my darling Will 7 times and I love him more than ever..

Now I'm looking forwarf to seeing the Eagles (and Will) again in April 2010 in LA.

BEST WISHES FOR 2010 TO ALL MY FRIENDS ON THE BORDER.

Stuck on the Border

Switching purses last night before hubby and I went out to dinner.

I found the ticket stub for the Charlottesville, VA Eagles concert I went to in May 2008 with dreamer and Z. The night I lost my Eagles concert virginity.

I love reading these. 2009 was an amazing year for me. I did three things for the very first time;

- saw the Eagles in concert

- saw Don Henley (twice) in solo shows

AND

- set foot in America.

Three BIG ONES for me. Seriously. I've wanted to visit the States ever since I can remember. And, until Christmas 2008, I wasn't even sure I would get the chance to see Don or the guys 'in the flesh'. It was all such an adventure.

Not only that, but I met some wonderful friends, whom I hope to be in touch with for a very, very long time! All thanks to this place.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--