Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beatles

Default Re: The Beatles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Yes. Mine was A Hard Day's Night. My uncle bought it when it was released as a present. I was 4 years old. I had no interest in listening to it until I got to my late teens & started listening to the Beatles then (although I was a huge fan of McCartney's Wings work since Band On The Run in 1973 when I turned 13). The album is now one of my favourites - a masterpiece. I also have a very battered mug with their faces & signatures on it from the same era.

I love the mug FP!! I believe the first piece of Beatles paraphernalia that I owned was a binder for loose leaf sheets of paper for school! It had a picture of the group on the front with The Fab Four written underneath lol

Oh very fine looking mug you have Fp!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by irga View Post
    The first LP I heard when I was 13 was "Help". Then my craze started and I bought those two LPs:

As you see this was quite a collection of their work across the years. Then I decided I shouldn't limit myself to collections that somebody else created based on their own choices and started to buy records one by one, from "Please Please Me" on. Just for the record, this was a very difficult task as at that time there was hardly anything in Polish stores, not to mention Beatles albums... Anyways, family friends who managed to travel abroad used to bring me Beatles LP every time they were in GB or Germany.
    Those were horrible times (the eighties) here.
    I started with Red & Blue too before I started buying the albums!

Stuck on the Border

For a very limited time here is Abbey Road Studios in 1996 & me walking across the famous crossing.

I am really envious of you and that picture!! I would give anything to cross that street and see Abbey Road building! I was in London in 1969 on a Foreign Study League trip with my high school but it was very structured and the chaperones would not let us go off on our own. That's the very first place I would have headed! Did you know that there is a present day video camera set up there that feeds live video to your computer. My friend Caroline who goes by the name Sprout here lives in England and told me about it a couple of years ago. For a while I had it on my old laptop. I could watch people walking about and cars driving by. There were always tourists walking across taking pictures. I'm not sure if it is still in operation.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grego View Post
    I am really envious of you and that picture!! I would give anything to cross that street and see Abbey Road building! I was in London in 1969 on a Foreign Study League trip with my high school but it was very structured and the chaperones would not let us go off on our own. That's the very first place I would have headed! Did you know that there is a present day video camera set up there that feeds live video to your computer. My friend Caroline who goes by the name Sprout here lives in England and told me about it a couple of years ago. For a while I had it on my old laptop. I could watch people walking about and cars driving by. There were always tourists walking across taking pictures. I'm not sure if it is still in operation.
    Yes. Yes it is.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

For a very limited time here is Abbey Road Studios in 1996 & me walking across the famous crossing.

Yes! This is one of those photos that every Beatlemaniac is dreaming of... Lucky you!

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

I started with Red & Blue too before I started buying the albums!

They helped to test the waters before deciding which record to buy first. Anyways, it was a perfect start to my Beatles collection.

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

I want to go to London!!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

The red one is the only Beatles vinyl I ever had. I'm working on that now!

Fp, what a cool photo to have! I love it and so hope to walk that crossing someday! My husband has actually told me to take a trip to England and see the sights, which will include a Beatles tour. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten