Page 20 of 148 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac New Zealand show sells out in minutes

This is good news for FP. Fleetwood Mac is also managed by Azoff, and has a similar demographic. If they sell well Down Under, Azoff may decide the Eagles need to go down there too and capitalize on the same market.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Soda, I never doubted that the Eagles would return here, only which year. I am certain that it will be in 2010.

Stuck on the Border

Fleetwood Mac, Sydney December 7 2009

or How I Touched Lindsey Buckingham 3 Times and His Guitar Once!

Setlist:

Monday Morning
    The Chain
    Dreams
    I Know I'm Not Wrong
    Gypsy
    Go Insane (Lindsey Buckingham Solo)
    Rhiannon
    Second Hand News
    Tusk
    Sara
    Big Love (LB Solo)
    Landslide
    Never Going Back Again
    Storms
    Say You Love Me
    Gold Dust Woman
    Oh Well
    I'm So Afraid
    Stand Back
    Go Your Own Way
    Encore:World Turning
    Don't Stop
    Encore 2:
    Silver Springs

First of all thanks to WireImage for the following photos. You can see me in two of them:

Look at the four heads just below Stevie's boot. I'm the one second from right slightly further back.

This is a perfect example of Lindsey's interaction with the audience. See the guy with his elbows raised? I am just to his left. (I am pretty sure it's me because the hair appears to be red).

What a great showman and awesome guitar player this man is.

Stevie was rather restrained, I felt. She performed well but she didn't light up the stage the way Lindsey did.

I re-read Nancy's reviews earlier in the thread. My show was very similar to her review on Page 4 and I can't add much to it so I will put in some personal comments.

I got there and was in my seat for 10 seconds (they were already on stage) before I was at the front. I could not believe this. It's the first time I have stood throughout a concert for a very long time.

The Chain was the first big highlight when Lindsey started eyeing the women, me included. I didn't know what to do, I was so taken aback by the stares and hand gestures. However, I got used to it and started to react back! I was not going to just stand there with my mouth open.

I'd never heard I Know I'm Not Wrong (or Storms) but I liked both songs.

Never Going Back Again was particularly moving in that it was sung at a slower tempo than normal, although it picked up later on.

I got HUGE interaction with Lindsey during Second Hand News, which I love. He was just incredible. It was not only me - he would single people out and just point at them or sing to them. In contrast, all I got from Stevie was the occasional glance, as I was directly below her.

My favourite outfit of Stevie's was the dark maroon dress she wore for Gold Dust Woman which came near to being the highlight of the show along with Landslide, where we had a bit of Stevie/Lindsey 'interaction' as they tried to get the end of the song right.

Say You Love Me was a big surprise - it worked really well!

For Stand Back I decided on a strategy. Solo Stevie song - yes. So I stared at Lindsey and for EACH CHORUS of the song it was just me and Lindsey. It became so obvious that the women I was standing with pushed me closer in his direction. I am notorious for always looking very serious and I thought he may have been directing the line 'it's alright, it's alright' at me to make me lighten up! Well, it worked.

Go Your Own Way, my absolute favourite Mac song, saw him totally working the edge of the stage. I reached out and touched his leg, then his HAND!!!!! I was overwhelmed. I touched his leg again during World Turning and also his guitar.

I must also mention the big stare I had with Mick during Storms when he's down the front. That was a lot of fun because I was in his direct line of vision.

I don't really know Silver Springs well, but I had some more nice moments with Lindsey during it!!!

I have not said much about Stevie because although she sang well she didn't seem particularly engaged. She did some nice hand gestures during Gypsy (wonderful blood red nail polish) and would twist her mic stand to face Lindsey during Sara and Landslide.

The other 'big' songs, Don't Stop, Dreams, Rhiannon etc were all superb.

It was a great show, really worth seeing. I can't really echo the way Nancy writes about them but I am glad I was there. The audience totally buzzed and the band felt that.

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself, FP! Lindsey is such a dynamic performer. Good for you going up to the front and joining the fun at the stage rather than staying in your seat. It makes a huge difference, doesn't it?!

My, my Julie. Eye contact with Lindsey? Touching his leg? He got you to lighten up? Sounds like a great time!

(Note to self - get FM tix close to stage next time.)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

How frickin' cool was that Julie? I'm so glad to hear that you had such an amazing experience! That Lindsey....what a flirt! Stevie looked absolutely beautiful even tho she wasn't very engaging. Again, glad you had a great time.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wonderful Fp! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself!

Fantastic pics, too, and you have a lovely head!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Fp, great pics! Nice to hear you had a wonderful evening!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

One of my friends just found this interesting, early interview after Stevie and Lindsey had joined the band, before the release of Rumours but after the release of the successful White Album. Christine is absent, I'm afraid, but what strikes me is that Lindsey and Stevie are still (somewhat) together here and it's strange to hear no one ask them the question "So what it's like having your ex in the band?" lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onKGxTe_20Q[/ame]

P.S. The interviewer calls Stevie "Mary" - which is especially astonishing considering he appears to have done research!

Huge Fleetwood Mac fan. Stevie Nicks is my favorite female singer of all time. Lindsey Buckingham is an underrated player, but I wish he'd play Les Pauls again like he did in the 70s instead of those custom acoustic like guitars (Rick Turner Model One)!

Here are my top three favorite Mac songs.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoMWa3jRtLo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR_i0sKWKEA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szrzUDODznE[/ame]

I will say I do miss Christine McVie in the band - I really liked her voice, especially on "You Make Loving Fun", which was the first Mac song I ever heard. I like Stevie's voice better, but I really like Christine McVie too.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 10-29-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."