Page 110 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    With the two pieces of bands left, I can hear Azoff say: I know what I can do! We'll call them The Fleetwood Eagles!
    Oh lordy, let's hope Irving doesn't read this or this would happen, the "Classic West" 2019...

I don't know a lot about Fleetwood Mac and I'm mainly a fan of Stevie, but this doesn't seem right to me. Do Mike Campbell and Neil Finn sing? They'd need someone else to sing Lindsay's songs, right? I'm sure they wouldn't just cut them out of the set list, Irving would never allow that. (My knowledge of Mike Campbell is limited to the fact that he was in the Heartbreakers and co-wrote The Heart of the Matter and The Boys of Summer with Don Henley).

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Ironic. Wasn't it Lindsey Buckingham who hired Stevie Nicks to front his band, originally?
    Yep. And the way I understand it, per Soda, is that Lindsey told Mick when he offered to bring Lindsey into the band that if they wanted him, then they needed to bring Stevie in as well. It was a 'twofer' deal.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    With the two pieces of bands left, I can hear Azoff say: I know what I can do! We'll call them The Fleetwood Eagles!
    Except for one thing ... the Eagles would never stand for this - it would have to be called Eagles Fleetwood.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I am just happy you guys are now seeing Irving for the Scum he is .

The guy single handedly destroyed the Ticketing agency and sabotaged GNR

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Neil Finn definitely sings: check out Split Enz and Crowded House. He's a very talented songwriter and opinionated individual, so him joining an iconic band such as Fleetwood Mac is a real head-scratcher. Finn has his own catalogue of music; is he going to happily put that to one side and perform only music that others made famous? Odd.

Mike Campbell makes perfect sense and seems like he'd be a good fit, musically and personally.

Soda: what do you think could possibly be so divisive an issue that Nicks would reportedly force the band to choose between her and Lindsey??

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Neil Finn definitely sings: check out Split Enz and Crowded House. He's a very talented songwriter and opinionated individual, so him joining an iconic band such as Fleetwood Mac is a real head-scratcher. Finn has his own catalogue of music; is he going to happily put that to one side and perform only music that others made famous? Odd.

Mike Campbell makes perfect sense and seems like he'd be a good fit, musically and personally.

Soda: what do you think could possibly be so divisive an issue that Nicks would reportedly force the band to choose between her and Lindsey??
    "Cash register rings"

Trav, do you mean like Lindsey would ask for more money and Stevie would draw the line? That makes sense.

P.S. Randy people have been saying for years that Irving is evil, but folks didn't want to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Trav, do you mean like Lindsey would ask for more money and Stevie would draw the line? That makes sense.

P.S. Randy people have been saying for years that Irving is evil, but folks didn't want to hear...
    I don't think it started about money but if it wqas "Touring Problems" I do think Lindsey might have gone to Stevie and fought with her on why she gets the most Green Stuff and When Mick Fleetwood was told to pick one he picked Stevie Nicks because she is basically makes the most money for the Group

Does this sound familiar to you?

i know Azoff is also Lindsey Buckingham's personal manager and reportedly only agreed to the Classics East and West in deference to Azoff who organized the events.

"just close my eyes and take the money" - Lindsey Buckingham

What I don't know is whether Azoff is still his manager and if so, how kicking LB out of the band fits into the equation.

I do not believe Azoff personally manages Stevie or anyone else in the band but I could be mistaken.

Anyone else know?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Well I did get the chance to see the Mac finally, but Christine only played on one song. Glad I did it then though.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...mike-campbell/

Say Goodbye again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwKGE5fPe5M

I agree with those who say it can't be Fleetwood Mac without LB.

SS
    xx
    http://aweaponryofwords.blogspot.co.uk/

When I read Mick Fleetwood's autobiography (the second one), it seems to me he plays a loving father role to almost everyone in the band, except John McVie. It must have been incredibly difficult for him to have been given an ultimatum, essentially having to choose between his kids.

I'm probably being naive, but there it is.