Page 57 of 125 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Browne

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Jackson Browne

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I think you're all FIRED!!! What kind of Borderer detecting is that? Don't you know we need ALL the info we can get, especially during down time for the guys? Geesh!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow - that Willie is harsh! I think we need to cut the ladies a little slack here. As awesome as Jackson is, after all, he's not an official Eagle so their little misstep is less aggregious, IMO. Now, if this were Jackson's board, that would be an entirely different matter.

Now, all kidding aside - thanks for getting us straight ladies!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well...ok, I'll forgive them, but next time there's an Eagle spotting, please come and tell us!!

I wonder if the audience knew Jackson was going to have a "special guest" or not. What if that had been Peoria (not likely, I know) & Cathy had been there and it would have happened? How cool would that have been?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

That would have been extremely cool!!!

I gotta say, (unlike Wille ) I am very impressed that after being away from here for almost a week I can come back and get the scoop from Border members, the best scoop getters around!

WC, thanks for sharing your show with us and I'm so glad you had a good time. When Jackson showed hesitation to play Daddy's Tune, was he good spirited about it? Did the audience laugh when he asked the person if her mother was at the show? Just curious what the mood was during all of that.
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 05-22-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    WC, thanks for sharing your show with us and I'm so glad you had a good time. When Jackson showed hesitation to play Daddy's Tune, was he good spirited about it? Did the audience laugh when he asked the person if her mother was at the show? Just curious what the mood was during all of that.
    I think his hesitation was mostly because he was caught off guard by the request for that particular song. The woman had asked if he could please play a song for her mom and he said sure and then asked what song she wanted him to play. When she said Daddy's Tune he looked a little shocked. I can't remember if there was an audience reaction when he asked if her mother was in the audience but everyone cheered when he started walking to the keyboard. Before the song he told a story about how he had recently been learning to play the song live with a friend of his singing the lyrics. He said that he played it in a different key when his friend was singing so he was trying to remember what key to play it in for himself. He also told a story about the first time he played the song for his dad. As he was finishing up the song he said he wasn't sure how to end it, which got a laugh from the audience. After the song everyone cheered and several people gave Jackson a standing ovation. After the song Jackson commented that people always seem to bring their moms to concerts and then said that his mom was a big influence on him.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

A treat from Jackson. Great amateur video!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz3TMQPt77w"]"It's impossible not to sing this like Glenn Frey."[/ame]

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I've been listening to a lot more Jackson Browne lately, and I have discovered this one. I think it's a really cool song!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ier07aCv5Y[/ame]

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's a very beautiful song. I don't think I've heard it before. Thanks for posting it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Semi on topic here, but I was excited to hear that the number one boy's name being discussed by Tom and Audra for the grandbaby is...Jackson!

And seeing that Jackson's long time guitarist and friend is David Lindley - this baby being Jackson Lindley is kind of cool!
    [

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very nice name, Molly!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Jackson Lindley would be SUCH a cool name! I love it.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--