Page 171 of 195 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Border Desperado

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

This whole thing sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I am not saying Don was completely innocent, but he was charged and paid some dues at the time. IMO, someone is stirring the pot.

Incidentally, how is it that Jimmy Page managed to sleep with 13 year old girls and instead of being penalized he was given an honour by the Queen? Perhaps it was in that contract he made with Lucifer?

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    This whole thing sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I am not saying Don was completely innocent, but he was charged and paid some dues at the time. IMO, someone is stirring the pot.

Incidentally, how is it that Jimmy Page managed to sleep with 13 year old girls and instead of being penalized he was given an honour by the Queen? Perhaps it was in that contract he made with Lucifer?
    Lol, VG. He, David Bowie and many others...it’s amazing what they got away with back then.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Rebel

I have no idea what happened that night all those years ago -- only those in the room know for sure and they have to live with it. Was there wrongdoing? Yes. Who knows if the punishment fit the crime or if should have been tougher, but "justice" (as defined by our legal system) was served,so why rehash it now?

Also, I find it hard to believe that the 15-year old just happened to have a Polaroid camera with her and took pictures all over the place and no one noticed. Those cameras were not exactly small or quiet back then. And if she had the pictures all that time, why didn't she produce them back then? It doesn't make any sense.

I find the incident very sad, but I don't think it makes any sense to bring it up again now. This could throw a damper on all the work Don's done for Walden Woods and Caddo Lake, and I really, really hope Don's wife and kids are not hurt by it.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I have no idea what happened that night all those years ago -- only those in the room know for sure and they have to live with it. Was there wrongdoing? Yes. Who knows if the punishment fit the crime or if should have been tougher, but "justice" (as defined by our legal system) was served,so why rehash it now?

Also, I find it hard to believe that the 15-year old just happened to have a Polaroid camera with her and took pictures all over the place and no one noticed. Those cameras were not exactly small or quiet back then. And if she had the pictures all that time, why didn't she produce them back then? It doesn't make any sense.

I find the incident very sad, but I don't think it makes any sense to bring it up again now. This could throw a damper on all the work Don's done for Walden Woods and Caddo Lake, and I really, really hope Don's wife and kids are not hurt by it.
    She didn't have the camera, Henley did. She just happened to take a few of the polaroids he took with her without anyone noticing.

What's with all the victim blaming here?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    She didn't have the camera, Henley did. She just happened to take a few of the polaroids he took with her without anyone noticing. What's with all the victim blaming here?
    Nobody has done any victim blaming. The whole thing is a sordid mess. She had 37 years to pursue this and now decides to do something. The whole thing was investigated by the police, if they felt there was more to it they would have filed additional charges. The whole thing appears to be politically motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Nobody has done any victim blaming. The whole thing is a sordid mess. She had 37 years to pursue this and now decides to do something. The whole thing was investigated by the police, if they felt there was more to it they would have filed additional charges. The whole thing appears to be politically motivated.
    It could very well be. I hope not. As for the police. LAPD in particular. They took years to properly investigate a violent murder committed by one of their own. Google Stephanie Lazarus. I mention this because I just saw "One Of Their Own" a CBS 48 Hours Mystery on You Tube. It truly shocked me.

Second, just saw this link in the comments section. It's an article in New York Magazine.

It's a good overview of politics and rock and roll at least back then.

"Squeezing Money Out Of Rock" by Maureen Orth. Feb 1980

https://books.google.com/books?id=We...0brown&f=false
    Last edited by Dawn; 11-28-2017 at 09:59 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Yes it is. I have read this before but I can't remember where.

Yes it is. I have read this before but I can't remember where.
    I love Maureen Orth, she is a very good investigative journalist.

She is also the wife of the late Tim Russert who I admired very much and miss alot.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I love Maureen Orth, she is a very good investigative journalist.
    She is also the wife of the late Tim Russert who I admired very much and miss alot.
    OMG - I did not know she was Tim Russert's wife. I loved Tim Russert ! I still miss him when I watch election night. He sure is missed by me and gone way too soon.

OMG - I did not know she was Tim Russert's wife. I loved Tim Russert ! I still miss him when I watch election night. He sure is missed by me and gone way too soon.
    We lost a damn good guy and giant in the news business. Nobody asked the tough questions like Tim. And nobody ever loved the Bills or Bruce Springsteen more!