Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Miller Band

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Default Re: Steve Miller Band

OHHHH Steve Miller Band is one of those partying bands for sure. LOL. I love this band and the Joker is among one of my favvie songs from them. I'm always hearing this band on the radio where I live.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

my fave of their's is Jet Airliner

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    my fave of their's is Jet Airliner
    Same here. I find I have a love/hate relationship with SMB. I either LOVE some songs (Jet Airliner, Swingtown, etc.) or HATE them (Fly Like An Eagle, The Joker).
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I love when musicians share their skills with the next generation.

"Miller is now on the board at Jazz at Lincoln Center where he teaches students, urging the young jazz musicians to compose their own pieces, a lost art in the genre that has relied for decades on standards."

Full article here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...142252359.html

I saw Steve perform a concert of standards with the University of Miami jazz band and chorale a few years ago, but I totally missed his Jazz Roots concert a few months ago - and Jimmie Vaughn was performing with him! Arrrggghhh.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I never knew that Steve Miller played Jazz!

I like his mid/late 70s albums, but like many artists, I've sort of lost track of him. I did go through his more recent albums on Spotify, and they are good albums. But, I prefer Fly Like An Eagle and Book of Dreams. I'm also partial to Recall The Beginning - A Journey From Eden.

(After a bit of googling): The Steve Miller Band recorded their first album in the UK with Glyn Johns? Sounds familiar somehow.

Playing Recall The Beginning ... now. I even like the cheesiness of 'Enter Maurice'.

He was just here 2 days ago, and I enjoy SMB, but we had already bought quite a few tickets this summer, so we skipped this one.
    I like Fly Like An Eagle. (Too easy?)

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Too obvious! Yeah, I've heard his later albums but still gravitate to the happy songs of my youth, especially "Rock'N Me" - it's such a great guitar sound! Very clean and percussive.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I never knew that Steve Miller played Jazz!

I like his mid/late 70s albums, but like many artists, I've sort of lost track of him. I did go through his more recent albums on Spotify, and they are good albums. But, I prefer Fly Like An Eagle and Book of Dreams. I'm also partial to Recall The Beginning - A Journey From Eden.

(After a bit of googling): The Steve Miller Band recorded their first album in the UK with Glyn Johns? Sounds familiar somehow.

Playing Recall The Beginning ... now. I even like the cheesiness of 'Enter Maurice'.
    Johns recounts this in his book, Sound Man. Mr. Johns has quite an impressive resume.

I used to think the Steve Miller Band were huge. I was kind of surprised they opened for the Eagles. I more or less lost track of them after Abracadabra.

As far as songs go, my friend and I would giggle at the lines, "really like your peaches, want to shake your treeee." We had a lot of peach trees where I grew up. "Take the Money and Run" is also a favorite.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Steve Miller gets a lot of play time on stations in my area, which I do not mind. My favorites are "Jungle Love" and "Rock 'N Me".

I saw Steve Miller a few years ago in the Desert .. great show! Lucky for me I was with friends of his and got to tag along for an after show get together. Suffice to say I was i total awe, LOL!!!!