Thread: My early concert years

Border Rebel

Default My early concert years

Some time ago it was suggested that we start a thread about concerts we attended in our early days. I apologize if someone already has, but I didn't find one. I have been working on a time line of my concerts from the 70's after talking about them with my youngest son who is 28 and a big Eagles fan. After lots of research on newspapers.com I have finally come up with my list. I'm sure there are a few that I have forgotten as it's been over 40 years ago...yikes! These concerts were all in Indianapolis unless otherwise noted.

1. Eagles with Dan Fogelberg--August 1975. Ticket price $5.50. I was 16 years old.

2.Allman Bothers with Muddy Waters--November1975

3.Cat Stevens "The Majikat Earth Show" with magicians for an opening act and throughout the show. How 70's! February 1976

4. Kiss--March 1976 in Miami

5. Aerosmith--May 1976

6.Kiss with Bob Seger--August 1976

7. Chicago--August 1976

8. Eagles with JD Souther--November 1976. Ticket price $7.50 and $8.50

9. Dan Fogelberg--June 1977

10. Marshall Tucker--May 1978

11. Eagles with Eddie Money, and Steve Miller Band--August 1978. Cincinnati Riverfront Stadium. Tickets $12

12. Bob Seger--December 1978

13. Little River Band--January 1979

14. Firefall--April 1979

15. Eagles with Ozark Mountain Daredevils--June 1980. Ticket $12.50

16. Dan Fogelberg--October 1981

My parents also took our family to a Glen Campbell concert at the state fair in 1969 when I was 10. My dad took me and a neighbor to see the Carpenters in 1972!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: My early concert years

Very cool list, MM!

I saw the Eagles in 76 and that was pure luck for me!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Rebel

Brooke, my 1975 Eagles concert was pure luck too, or as Glenn put it "a bit of serendipity"! Some girls that were a couple of years older than me (a big deal in high school) just randomly asked me if I wanted to go to the Eagles concert with them. Now seeing that the concert was rescheduled from April of 1975 to August of 1975 I wonder if they had an extra ticket and asked me? Not sure, but very lucky for me indeed!

Wow, My My you must have some great concert memories! And you got to see Aerosmith, Kiss and Chicago in their classic-era line-ups, and 3 different Eagles line-ups. Impressive.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Rebel

Yes, I did see some classic lineups as I am 59. Not old, but classic! I do have some good memories of those concert years. In fact, when I posted my list of concerts I also wrote a little about some of them, not so much musically I guess, but little memories from them. I had gotten through about half of them and it was getting long so I decided to preview my post...then I went back and got the dreaded "hmm, it was here a minute ago" page. I will post some thoughts about some of them tomorrow.