Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Out on the Border

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Here and Now was great!

Banned

Timothy's released an edited version of Pearl On The String as his new single (4:00 from 4:56);

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/...string-w476184.

It's one of my favourites but it still sounds too long to me

Thanks, Funk50. "Pearl on a String" is one of my favorite songs from the album. I was surprised that it was eliminated fairly early in Leap of Faith Survivor. Now I feel a little vindicated.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Timothy will be interviewed again on Vintage TV at 10:30pm on April 25th.
    The programme is called 'Needle Time' and is hosted by music critic Neil McCormick.

Banned

Tim's been doing some phone interviews to promote his upcoming concert dates. This one is with By Chuck Yarborough of The Plain Dealer.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...mit_takes.html

Addressing the question everyone is asking "who will sing Frey's parts"

"I can't tell you,'' said Schmit, a smile clearly evident in his voice. "I'm sworn to secrecy.''

If they aint tellin', I assume that they have a few options and are waiting to see how strong the initial ticket sales are going. If it's Elton or MacCartney, ticket sales will have been sluggish. If they sell out without making the announcement, the obvious choice would be Sombody from the five other bands on the bill or someone cheap

Stuck on the Border

This is a transcript of Timothy's interview with Nicky Horne that was shown on Vintage tv recently. The interview was recorded in February and clearly this was before Nicky or Timothy knew about the Classic shows.

Nicky Horne: Our star guest today was the bass guitarist with the Eagles. I say “was” because with the death of Glenn Frey the Eagles are no more. Whilst Don Henley and Joe Walsh have had successful and long-standing careers, Timothy has really kept a lower profile. Well that’s about to change now with his new solo album “Leap of Faith”. We met up with Timothy B Schmit when he flew into London recently.

NH: Timothy, it’s always good to see you. I think the first time was when you were in Poco and in fact the last time was around 7 years ago when Expando came out.

TBS: That’s right.

NH: So seven years from one solo album to the next. What took you so long?

TBS: Well, I had some priorities. The number one priority was Eagles and we were touring a lot so I didn’t have a lot of time to write and record. I would return home between tour legs and chip away at it. Another thing is that I wrote all these songs but I’m not really fast at it. I’m very methodical and take my time. That combination is the reason.

NH: You said in one interview - “I wanted to make an album on my own. In any collaboration one has to make a series of compromises” - which of course you had to do with the Eagles. With this there is no compromise and the lyrics are very personal indeed, aren’t they?

TBS: Yeah, I would say so. It’s kind of a diary, I think. To just write about what I’m thinking about on any particular day and lately ‘cos I am getting older, I guess it deals with my own mortality.

NH: You talk about mortality. You think about how you’re going to spend the rest of your life. In the first song you talk about not letting the little things kind of get to you and you say in the lyrics that the little thing… it’s been happening a lot the last few years.
    (Timothy acknowledges this with a “hm” and a smile)

TBS: Well I think it’s probably always happened but I’m conscious of it now/ I’m conscious of trying to let the stuff that doesn’t matter , let it go y the wayside ‘cos we don’t know how much time we have here. When a friends does die, someone close to you, that’s when you really realise it so I’m trying to enjoy as much as I can and write as much as I can about that.

NH: We’ve not had a chance, you and I, to speak since Glenn died. I know that within the group, the Eagles and family and friends, people knew Glenn was sick but I don’t think that anyone thought that it would turn so bad so even then it must have cine as a terrible shock to you.

TBS: Yeah. He was very sick but the longer he stayed pretty much unconscious, the more and more we started to comtemplate this real possibility, hope being that it wasn’t going to happen but indeed it did and even though we were sort of prepared you’re never really prepared. It’s so final. I’ve stopped thinking about it every single day now but for months and months, I didn’t… it didn’t get out of my head that this person that you knew and worked with is just gone… profoundly sad and weird.

NH: He was the one who brought you into the band.

TBS: He’s the one that called me up. I still remember that day.

NH: Tell us about that.

TBS: Well, I was home up in the Hollywood Hills. Poco was off. I believe my wife and then my only daughter were out of town and I barely had been up out of bed and back then it was probably afternoon and I got this call and it was Glenn and he pretty much said that Randy was quitting and am I interested and you know and I was able to say “Just point me. I’m there. I’m ready.”

NH: But I read the other day that you did an amazing thing. Instead of allowing your manager at the time to tell the other band members in Poco, didn’t you go aroun – is this true? I’m hoping this is true – that you actually went round to each individual member of Poco to talk to them and say “Look, I’ve been offered this gig with the Eagles. I’m out.”

TBS: The reason I did it – yes it is true – the reason I did that – Richie’s a great friend of mine still. I love him, he’s my mentor and all that but when he quit the band to do the Geffen thing with Souther Hillman Furay thing we were called into Geffen’s office and we were told by management that Richie was gone and we had no clue about it. I actually was really surprised that Richie wasn’t talking to us. I thought that wasn’t a good way to do it. So when I was the one who was leaving, I made sure that I went and visited everybody. It was important to me to do that.

NH: I want to talk to you about your life in the Eagles in the sense that you had to go through that period, you know, when Hell Freezes over, where you thought that the band was finished, was done. So you kind of had a rehearsal for that but this is different, isn’t it?
    (Timothy tries to say something at this point but I can’t make it out)
    I just wondered if you are actually and have come to terms with the fact that the band is over and everything that went with the band is kind of no more.

TBS: Yeah, I have come to terms with it. I mean everything has to end anyway and I’m in a pretty good place with that.
    The Eagles can’t be the Eagles without Don and Glenn in my mind so that kind of finalises it to me. I’m ok with it.
    I just got right busy. I finished my album. My life is moving oforward. It’s really important to say engaged with life and challenges and whatever you work what it brings you to do and that’s what I’ve been doing.

NH: And do you think we might be seeing you in the UK touring with this album?

TBS: Well we have just opened that conversation. I hope so. I did do a few shows here last time around and got really a good reception. I love what I do. I’d love to come here and play. I’m going to try and work it out but I can’t say for sure.

NH: Well it’s always good to see you, Timothy. Don’t be a stranger.

TBS: Thank you very much.

Banned

Thanks a lot UndertheWire, That's wonderful work.

I enjoyed seeing Tim sing My Hat and Red Dirt Road too.

Tim's on Vintage TV again tomorrow (Tuesday 25 April) at 22:30.
    https://vintage.tv/
    Needle Time (Tuesday 25 April)

All the previous episodes were referred to as Neil McCormick's Needle Time. I'm assuming that he's still the presenter.

UTW

Thank you so much for taking the time to transcribe Timothy's interview!

UTW, thanks so much.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Yes, thank you UtW. You're good people, as they say in Pennsylvania.