Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Ever Eagles Song!!!

Default Favs

Ok, I'm going with favorites cause that's easier than best ever.

Take it To The Limit
    Try and Love Again
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Ol' 55
    After the Thrill is Gone
    Victim of Love
    Desperado
    Heartache Tonight
    Life in the Fastlane
    Best of My Love
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Here are my Top Ten (+ 1) songs with my inexpert opinions thrown in...

In no particular order:

Desperado (Classic, could be contender for my all-time fave, one of those songs that always seems to end to soon)
    Seven Bridges Road (Blew me away the first time I heard it, another one that I wished was longer, I even sound good when I sing along!)
    Take It Easy (I defy anyone to not sing along with this one, especially while driving down a deserted two-lane highway in Wyoming!)
    New Kid in Town (Another great sing-a-long, transports me back to the halcyon days of 4th grade)
    Wasted Time (In my opinion, one of their most underrated songs, has one of my favorite lines of all time: "You didn't love the boy too much, no, no, you just loved the boy to well"
    Peaceful Easy Feeling (Such a pleasing, soothing song with one of the most romantic propositions ever: "I want to sleep with you in the desert tonight, with a billion stars all around." Sigh......)
    Learn to Be Still (Another beautiful soothing song that wonderfully showcases Don's sexy voice.)
    Midnight Flyer (How much fun is this one to sing? I love helping the boys out with the train whistle - wooooooh wooo hooo!)
    Life in the Fast Lane (Simply put: this song rocks!)
    The Last Resort (Some of their best lyrics IMHO, just a beautiful, haunting song, 30 years later and the lyrics are still so relevant)
    Hotel California (Yeah, this is my 11th song in my top ten, but shouldn't it be a freebie?)

I have to say, with all due respect to the OP, my least favorite song is Witchy Woman. I don't hate it - and I do sing along when I hear it - but it's always been the one song that I could easily say was definitely not a favorite.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I think my favs are Seven Bridges Road, Hotel California, Take It Easy, On The Border, The Sad Cafe, Love Will Keep Us Alive, Those Shoes. That's my pick today anyway.

I'm not counting any from the latest album as those are still gurgling around in my head and different ones are vying for the top spot.

I Agree that a top ten is hard i will give it a shot:

1. The Best of My Love (This Was Always My Favorite i just love Don's vocals in it)
    2. Hotel California (me and my grandma love to sing it in the car)
    3. In The City (I was born here in the city with my back against the wall)
    4. Life in The Fast Lane (i love driving to this song)
    5. Lyin' Eyes (i love the line "they fall together")
    6. The Last Resort (this is a epic and i think some of Don's greatest work)
    7. Get Over It (this is my song for the world today i quote it a lot in history class)
    8. Witchy Woman (my theme song according to my mom but i think she wants to change a certian word in the title to a very bad word lol)
    9. Peaceful Easy Feeling (i always have a peaceful personality and i get a peaceful easy feeling and we were play a game on the last day of jr history and we had and Eagles Catagory and this was the bonus)
    10.Wasted Time (i just love this song i don't really know why)
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

There's a lot of Don in my choice, haha

01. Desperado - everytime when I hear this song and when Don start with singin' I start crying, Desperado is very special for me. At the Eagles concert in April I also start crying (in the front of Don.) and he looked at me and his eyes said "Take Care". I love Don his voice.
    02. Wasted Time - Again Don, and Oh My Gosh I love this song. The text is so familair with me.
    03. Heart Of The Matter - actually it's a Don song, but the Eagles version is so beautiful.
    04. Hotel California - The biggest Eagles classic song ever, fabulous sound!
    05. Take It Easy - I can't without Don, but I also can't with Glenn, the perfect song he sing!

06. How Long - Country forever! Great voice of Glenn and Don and an amazing drive song, haha.
    07. Best Of My Love - Love Don's vocals in it.
    08. The Last Resort - Gosh I Love Don in this song and the lyric is so..uh, I can see myself in the lyric you know.
    09. Learn To Be Still - Love Don his voice, sexy and calm and wow.
    10. Funk #49 - Yeah Joe is in da house! Love the song, Joe is being crazy and the music just funky!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Great selections GOS and MH, if a little Don-oriented!
    Gets me thinking that with all that new LROOE material its time for a revamp. The problem is.......What to leave out . Maybe we'll just have to have a longer list ......or more ties!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I think we have to make a top 15 or 20 :P

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Why stop there?

Actually, I love most ALL of the Eagles songs and it's very hard to put one in front of the other. Although TIE is my all time fave.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I know the problem!
    You have to choice which one is better, that sucks.

Uh, top 100 maybe? :P

The Eagles are one of the few groups where I like 90% of what they've done. That's why they're my favorite band, along with Fleetwood Mac!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten