Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles books

Default Re: Eagles books

I just ordered it this afternoon...just had to have it..

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Last night, I read the Eagles-related bits in "The Mansion on the Hill: Dylan, Young, Geffen, Springsteen and the Head-on Collision of Rock and Commerce," by Fred Goodman. I have concerns about the author's fact-checking. He tells about the near-bust in the Bahamas airport and claims that "Paul McCartney's recent bust in Japan" for pot possession was on Azoff's mind. If so, then Azoff is a gifted psychic, as McCartney's Japan bust was in 1980. The Eagles' Caribbean adventure was in the 1970s, from the look of the footage in HOTE.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I got the Marc Eliot book checked out from the library today. I'll start reading it asap. I still haven't looked for the other books, nor bought the "hooker" book yet.

ETA: I went ahead and bought "You'll Never Make Love in this Town Again" on Amazon. There's several used copies for only 1 penny, so I couldn't resist the temptation. . My explanation will be plain and simple. "It's a book the contains a bit of info into the personal lives of 2 of the Eagles members, among others". That's a buy-able explanation, right?
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 08-12-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I finished To The limit last night.I knew almost everything in the book already, but it was an enjoyable read, despite the factual errors. I'd say it's a good biography of the band, for the most part. I wished that it wasn't so Henley-centered, though. (I know why he's the main focal point).
    -Kim-

I recently read Andrew Vaughn's The Eagles FAQ: All That's Left To Know About Rock's Superstars. I held a highlighter in one hand as I eagerly looked forward to marking each passage filled with all the interesting new things I would surely learn from an author making such a claim. I regret that I must report to you that the highlighter was never opened.
    I read a lot of incidental information about the business, the era, and the
    locale-too much of that, really-but nothing really new about the boys. I guess maybe I've already read too much to be very surprised by this, but it was still a little disappointing. So...Meh. (I really don't like to be so negative, so let me say that if you are a new fan, there is probably something to be gained from reading this book.)
    And again, the same problem for us TBS fans-not near as much in the way of interesting info on Timothy as we always get about the rest of the line-up. (In the FAQ book, even his discography is incomplete.)

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I finished To The limit last night.I knew almost everything in the book already, but it was an enjoyable read, despite the factual errors. I'd say it's a good biography of the band, for the most part. I wished that it wasn't so Henley-centered, though. (I know why he's the main focal point).
    You're a fast reader. I thought the interviews with Henley were strangely revealing - as if someone had given him sodium pentathol, as others have remarked.

Onto the hooker book! I can barely remember it, but I think Glenn came off quite well, considering.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    You're a fast reader. I thought the interviews with Henley were strangely revealing - as if someone had given him sodium pentathol, as others have remarked.

Onto the hooker book! I can barely remember it, but I think Glenn came off quite well, considering.
    When I become interested in a book, I find them hard to put down.
    Lol, I agree with that comment about the Henley interviews! Knowing Amazon, they'll make me wait 2 weeks for the book to arrive! I don't have the patience for that!
    -Kim-

Well, the hooker book arrived today. I only read Glenn's chapter (probably the only chapter I'll read). I think that I'll be in daydream land for a little while.
    -Kim-

This could get dangerous I was concerned it could be a bad influence on ya! Now you're really frey'd.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    This could get dangerous I was concerned it could be a bad influence on ya! Now you're really frey'd.
    . The more Frey'd the better. I'm not sayin' anything about the "influence". .
    -Kim-