Page 157 of 213 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    SO I'm watching Leaving Las Vegas and Come Rain or Come Shine starts playing. I was like, "Wait is that, Don? It sounds like Don." So my crazy self Wikipedia Leaving Las Vegas to see if that was Don and sure nuff that was Don singing Come Rain or Shine. I didn't know he was part of that soundtrack.
    That's one of the best versions of that song ever; Don's vocal is brilliant. Sounds like it was recorded live but I don't know where or when. Good stuff.

I heard Ordinary Average Guy the other day on the radio...not one you normally hear! Not a fav of his but good every now and then.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

My two sisters and I had a 'sisters' weekend down at my sister's place on the Chesapeake Bay. (I always love going down there because you have to go through a town named 'Glenns" to get there. Anyway, on Saturday night, we went to watch a band -their opening number was Take It Easy. I immediately thought of Glenn's F1 quote, 'It's going to be a good night, ladies and gentlemen'.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Yesterday, on my way back to the reunion, the local radio station plays a program called Flashback. It program that plays classic rock songs on a certain theme. This particular broadcast was songs about school. They played Johnny can't Read! . I don't ever remember hearing that song on the radio before!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Just recently, Deep Tracks played TBS singing a cover of CSN&Y's "Carry On" from the soundtrack of "Steal This Movie." Really beautiful.
    Last edited by LuvTim; 09-07-2015 at 09:13 PM.

I have Sirius XM in my SUV. One of the channels is "The Bridge," because it features soft rock and crossover hits. The DJ played "Old '55" which isn't a song normally heard on popular radio.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border

I caught my husband singing the "ooh-ooh-a-a" part of "The Heat is On" this morning. I doubt he even knew what he was singing but it was certainly recognisable and I know he heard the song over the weekend. As you don't know him, you won't realise just how unexpected this was. He's more a Rush, Van Halen, Bon Jovi type.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well UTW - that's a great 'gotcha' moment if there ever was one. But it's no wonder - that song is just so catchy that it can get stuck in a person's head and stay there for days.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

My mom listens to a "soft rock" station. I personally don't like the station because I don't like 90% of what it plays. About 2 hours ago, my mom comes into my room yelling "Eagles". The station was playing Lyin Eyes! She had to tell me because I "worship the ground the walk on". And 5 minutes ago, they played Boys of Summer. In the years my mom has listened to that station, I've never heard them play the Eagles or their solo stuff!

It's now gone back to it's normal format, unfortunately.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    My mom listens to a "soft rock" station. I personally don't like the station because I don't like 90% of what it plays. About 2 hours ago, my mom comes into my room yelling "Eagles". The station was playing Lyin Eyes! She had to tell me because I "worship the ground the walk on". And 5 minutes ago, they played Boys of Summer. In the years my mom has listened to that station, I've never heard them play the Eagles or their solo stuff!

It's now gone back to it's normal format, unfortunately.
    At, I got the funniest mental picture of someone's mom doing what you've described--made me chuckle out loud. Too funny.