Page 270 of 273 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273 LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I'm going by his hairstyle, I'm going to say between 88 to 92 because he had his hair like that between those years. If I saw if he had a ring on, I would say the 90 to 92. Its probably between 90 to 92.
    I was thinking that era. What threw me is how muscular his arms were. Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but that's the most muscular I've seen him. I'll have to rewatch the film again because I can't remember if he had on a wedding ring or not (I was paying attention to that area of him lol)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I had forgot he was also buff doing that time. I know if he didn't have his hands hidden, I would had taken out the late 80s.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I had forgot he was also buff doing that time. I know if he didn't have his hands hidden, I would had taken out the late 80s.
    If they had consistently matched a photo of the guys with what was going on, I would have little doubt that it was from around 1992. However, there's photos from 1979 when they're talking about 1975.

Another thing, to me, Glenn looks older than he did in other photos of that time.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I'm bumping this thread right now because Showtime is showing HOTE right now. It wasn't even schedule to be on tonight, but with the news of Glenn's death, Showtime is celebrating and remembering Glenn by showing HOTE.

Its also the 3rd anniversary of the HOTE premiering at the Sundance Film Festival.

Is anybody else watching it on CNN Now? OMG Don's eyes

I am!!

It was sad to see In Memoriam of Glenn Lewis Frey, November 6, 1948 - January 18, 2016 at the beginning and at the end of HOTE on CNN last night. Showtime had that at the beginning, but not at the end.

This was also my first time I've ever seen the end credits to Part 1 since Showtime always went straight into Part 2 when part 1 ended. It was interesting to hear HC during the end credits of Part 1.

Stuck on the Border

Some of the references to the documentary in recent tributes to Glenn...

Cameron Crowe:
    Their 2013 documentary, History of the Eagles, told the whole warts-and-all story. And in it, you see the Frey that his friends knew. Funny. Tough. Cynical. A ruleskeeper.

Irving Azoff, though it’s not explicitly about the doc, I see it as Azoff’s response to some of the criticism following the doc.
    Glenn could be very businesslike. Someone had to be. The Eagles was such a high-functioning machine because it was a sports team, and somebody had to be the enforcer. Not that Glenn relished that role, but he was vocally expressing what he and Henley were thinking. Glenn now gets the highest grades in terms of integrity and heart. If you want to say, "Oh, but he didn't always deliver it in the nicest way," OK, but that's part of life. And that was part of his passion.
    Also,
    Azoff says Frey was the "driving force" behind the movie. "He really sat down with me and planned it, plotted it and executed it."
    Alison Ellwood (director):
    Glenn was the leader of the band in getting stuff done. He was the doer. He understood when we agreed to do [the film] it had to be honest. He's like, "I don't want a fluff piece." His willingness to be completely honest, warts and all, made a huge difference in the film and set a precedent for the others in the interviewing. Joe Walsh, after seeing a first cut of the film, asked to be re-interviewed, because he realized how open Glenn was being. When we interviewed engineer Bill Szymczyk, he said, "You're not going to believe what I have for you." He played [the tape of the onstage argument between Frey and Felder on their Long Run tour] and we were like, "Holy shit, this is great." We told Glenn we had it, and he said, "Go for it, man."

Bill Szymcyck:
    Glenn was the MC of the Eagles' shows, that's for sure. He was The Guy. I think Henley said it best in his statement: "He was the spark plug, the man with the plan." And that was true. I mean, Glenn had this all basically laid out, and to some degree, all of us were like, 'OK, we're along for the ride -- let's go.' "
    Sources are Rolling Stone and Billboard.

That little scene with A Younger Lucy and Joe was so cute.

Happy 3rd Birthday to the HOTE documentary.

If it wasn't for this documentary, I don't think I would had become a huge fan of the guys music. I was a closet fan and only had 10 songs on my mp3. It was mostly radio hits.

Happy 3rd Birthday, HOTE documentary.