Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I disagree. I think it is just as relevant as ever. It's a fun song with positive energy and I think a lot of people can still relate to it. Room trash may not happen as much now, but the other themes touched upon by LBG are still prevalent in 2018. To me it's the epitome of Joe Walsh music outside of the Eagles. And it's best when you can hear it in the band context WITH the Eagles.

I know all that... it's just that a few people voted for it in the previous round & I thought it would be best to help them out. I know how much you love it but nowadays I can take it or leave it. I probably should have gone for something else but it's too late now.

Well, I was waiting to see what song we could rally 'round to save.

Get You in the Mood is at risk but... that's a tough sell to save...

I guess we can give it a go! Somebody maybe can help me out?

But first, let me just tell you more about why LIFE's BEEN GOOD NEEDS TO GO.

First off, LBG needs to go because it's not a real Eagles song. But it's not just that. It's really not that great.

I think LBG is very overrated. Its lyrics are funny, but musically it's pretty simplistic and repetitive. Yeah, I get a chuckle out of it, but it really comes off more as a "Weird Al" novelty song to me than an awesome piece of rock'n'roll music.

I cast my vote for Life's Been Good.

Save REAL EAGLES SONGS!

Vote Life's Been Good!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I vote Life's Been Good

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

My wedding ring is engraved with the notes from Life's Been Good!

Save LBG!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Let me just say I think those notes are the best things about the song!

I’m going to vote one day at a time. I know that it’s kinda late to get people behind this, but life’s been good is just a much superior song.

I consider "One Day at a Time" a real Eagles song because Joe recorded it AFTER it appeared on Farewell 1. He basically took a song he did with the Eagles and redid it for his solo album. It's like Randy doing "Take It to the Limit" on a later solo album.

Really Soda? I wouldn't say LBG is that simplistic. It has some interesting guitar parts. Particularly that synchronized solo before the third verse. Also while maybe not in the Eagles Live, other TLR tour versions had epic improvised solos. An example is 1980 The Forum. So while you may not like it that much, I'd say it is not too simplistic or repetitive. I personally feel it has better arrangement than most of the songs here. I also love Frey's (or Vitale's?) piano interspersed, though, there are better versions than the Eagles Live version.

On the other hand, I'd say the other songs have more underwhelming music. Particularly for the one I voted for: Get You in the Mood.

VOTE GET YOU IN THE MOOD

SAVE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Really Soda? I wouldn't say LBG is that simplistic. It has some interesting guitar parts. Particularly that synchronized solo before the third verse. Also while maybe not in the Eagles Live, other TLR tour versions had epic improvised solos.
    You can only make your arguments based on the version from Eagles Live for this Survivor, though, because that's the version that we're voting on. That's the only reason why this Joe solo song made this Survivor - because it appears on a Non-Studio Eagles album. Sorry if that wasn't clear!

Just to make sure everyone understands: For this Survivor, we're voting on the songs the way they appear on the Non-Studio Albums such as Eagles Live.

I vote for One Day At A Time. I'm just not knocked out by it. I understand it's importance to Joe, it sounds like he wrote this for an AA meeting or something, but I don't care for it and I don't think it fit well in the Eagles setlist in Farewell I.