Page 58 of 301 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Wow - I finally got around to listening to both of these and they were both GREAT! Love listening to them - Tim and Joe both sound so positive.

A new solo album from Joe and he says the Eagles may have one more album in them - AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    OK guys, who do you think Joe is talking about here?

[regarding the line "My Maserati does 185; I lost my license - now I don't drive."]

"I had a friend, who I won't name, but he's in the band... he had three accidents in, like, ten blocks trying to drive home one time."

I think we can eliminate Tim...

(BTW Joe makes fun of Bernie a bit in the interview! Just a little though, lol)

And Joe thinks the Eagles have another album in them and they're going to talk about that this year???? OH MY GOSH can you imagine???
    Soda - I think he says "the" band as well, but if he is, in fact, talking about the Eagles, I wouldn't eliminate any of them as candidates for the three accidents except for Bernie (only because he was never a member at the same time as Joe).

And just curious, but what part did you think Joe was making fun of Bernie? I didn't take it that way at all. To me, he was trying to give an objective account about the circumstances surrounding Bernie's leaving and his joining the band.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It sounds to me like Joe said "the". I agree with Dreamer that it could be any of the guys that had those accidents. Whoever it was about it was a funny story. These videos are so good. I love hearing Tim talk about the songs and the stories behind them. It's interesting that they only mentioned I Don't Mind but didn't go into detail like the other songs. I'm sure that would've been an interesting story to hear.

I'm soooo looking forward to Joe's new album.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I actually thought Joe was referring to himself. Never can tell with Joe's sense of humor.

(BTW-James Dean is playing on the radio right now! Love being on the Border and hearing Eagles songs on the radio at the same time!)
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

I think if Joe had meant himself he would have said so. I don't see him as a 'third person' type.

I agree, FP. I didn't take it as Joe referring to himself either - not even in jest or jokingly. Here is his remark as I heard it ...

"I had a friend, who I won't name, but he's in the band... he had three accidents in, like, ten blocks trying to drive home one time."

JMHO, but I think it would be very odd for him to refer to himself as "a friend". Maybe I could see him saying something like "I know someone who ..." in a joking manner. But, I guess the only one that can clear this up for us is Joe himself. Anyone want to volunteer to give him a call and ask him for some clarification?
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 12-29-2010 at 11:12 PM.

The Eagles are mentioned at the end of this article
    http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/cha...1-music-video/

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Standin’ on a corner in Winslow, Arizona

http://www.ohmidog.com/2010/12/30/st...nslow arizona/
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

LOVE this! Thanks wc!

"Quiz Answer: Since 1993 (the oldest date that this information is available on the Nielsen SoundScan site), only one music video has appeared in the year-end top 10 more than three times. Eagles' Hell Freezes Over was in the year-end top 10 a remarkable six times. It scored in 1994 and 1995 and again from 1999 through 2002. Other bands have greater mystique (the Stones and Led Zeppelin, for example). Eagles just quietly sell tons of albums and videos."
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for posting those, wc and Koala. And Brooke, the very same lines from that article caught my attention as well. So - to steal a little quote from them ... it seems like everybody loves them, dont' they? (Well, except for those who hate the f%(^ing Eagles, of course)

Note to the band: Well guys - I bet if you released a LROOE DVD that people would buy that one too! (*hint hint*)

Outrageous fortune

Its a article about Sydney's most expensive consumer items and services.

http://www.brimbankweekly.com.au/new...px?storypage=1
    Quote Originally Posted by brimbankweekly

Concert tickets, $669.60 (summer 2010-11)

You might expect to be carried into Acer Arena, hand-fed slivers of ham and embraced passionately by Don Henley for the price but Eagles fans who paid for a VIP Platinum Package for December's concerts got seats in the first 14 rows, an Eagles tote bag, a CD, other bits of merchandise and access to an exclusive merchandise stand where they could spend even more money on even more merchandise. Herald music writer Bernard Zuel described the first half of the first Sydney concert at the Entertainment Centre as ''pleasant but tepid''.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)