Thread: Hotel California Named Top 30 Of 12 String Guitar Songs of All Time

Default Hotel California Named Top 30 Of 12 String Guitar Songs of All Time

01. The Eagles, "Hotel California" Hotel California (1976)

"Yes, it's "Hotel California." What a nice surprise! Admit it: Don Felder's 12-string acoustic guitar intro (and every other note and chord he plays on this song) is, at this point, a part of our collective consciousness. This song, the ubiquitous soundtrack to 37 trillion barbecues, elevator rides and long trips through Joshua Tree and Yucca Valley, California, at 3 a.m., has never gone away—and probably never will."

Check out the other songs and artists at link below.

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/...songs-all-time

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Default Re: Hotel California Named Top 30 Of 12 String Guitar Songs of All Time

Yay!!

The intro definitely has a magical quality to it. I remember being excited getting my 12 string to play that song, but I couldn’t because my capo wouldn’t fit the neck. So when I finally got one, it was so cool to play that intro.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Awesomeness!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very glad to see Hotel California take the top spot here - that doesn't happen often in these types of polls. However, I still have to scratch my head at some of the choices such as Stairway to Heaven in the #12 spot - I mean really? That song deserves to be way higher and I'm not even a Led Zeppelin fan.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I am a Zeppelin fan and I don't get how Over the Hills and Far Away is ranked higher than Stairway to Heaven. Very happy Hotel California made it to #1 though!

As it should be.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Very glad to see Hotel California take the top spot here - that doesn't happen often in these types of polls. However, I still have to scratch my head at some of the choices such as Stairway to Heaven in the #12 spot - I mean really? That song deserves to be way higher and I'm not even a Led Zeppelin fan.
    The famous intro is played on a 6-string. The 12-string appears after the first few minutes. Perhaps that's why it's not higher on the list.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I am a Zeppelin fan and I don't get how Over the Hills and Far Away is ranked higher than Stairway to Heaven. Very happy Hotel California made it to #1 though!
    Perhaps the writer wanted to show that he knows slighlty more obscure Zeppelin songs as well.