The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Eagles Discussion Areas > Eagles

Eagles Hang out on The Border with the Eagles.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:20 AM   #831
OutlawManNJ
Border Desperado

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
IMO, it should be all 7, just like RRHOF. It is quite a slap in the face to Bernie who has been touring with them for over 2 years. I am sure that Glenn and Don did it this way so they could keep Felder out. If they keep all 3 out then no one can say they are singling Felder out. It is pretty BS if you ask me. But I would expect nothing less from Glenn and Don. Again this is my opinion.
Dont mean to revive an old thread but somehow I missed this entire thread. A friend sent me a link to the Video of the event and by minute 3 of the video I was utterly disgusted that Meisner, Leadon and Felder were being totally ignored. Its shameful. And it doesn't matter what other bands did other years or what the rules are.. or what year they left the band....the bottom line is if THE EAGLES are going to be honored those guys SHOULD BE THERE. The clip Ringo introduced was waxing poetic about Timothy, a guy that got there on the last important album...and ignores Meisner? They talk about Hotel California and ignore Felder the guy that made the song happen. They ignore Bernie that gave the Eagles the sound in the first few albums. Utter and complete BS. Henley , Walsh and TBS should have been embarrased to go to that without the other 3. You cannot have an event talking about this band and simply WIPE OUT from their history 3 vital members.

Last edited by OutlawManNJ; 03-12-2017 at 03:09 AM.
OutlawManNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:01 PM   #832
Dawn
Border Desperado

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
I saw that picture on Instagram, but didn't post it. There's another one of her getting ready to go to the luncheon that Saturday.

Cindy is a beautiful lady. I loved both of her dresses she wore that weekend. Glenn was a lucky guy. All the guys were lucky to have beautiful, wonderful ladies who stood by them for so long.
Yes I definitely agree about the dresses and the other wives who looked beautiful at the concert and other KCH associated events. Really nice to see pics of their kids as well who were surely thrilled to see their dads honored in such a special way.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #833
GlennLover
Stuck on the Border

As FP requested, the Freys with the Obamas. Sorry for the small size I guess I didn't save the larger one.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #834
Freypower
Stuck on the Border

Thanks GL.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #835
maryc2130
Border Desperado

Very nice picture. I thought I had followed this thread pretty well, but maybe I missed it. Are there pictures of the other Eagles and their families with the Obamas as well?
maryc2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:45 AM   #836
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

I saw one with Don's family, but its not online anymore. I haven't seen one with Timothy or Joe's family.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #837
New Kid In Town
Border Desperado

I know at one point pictures of the guys with their families were on Pinterest. I don't know if they are anymore.
New Kid In Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:52 AM   #838
Dawn
Border Desperado

Highlights from the 2016 Kennedy Center Honors awards including Timothy and Family, Don Henley & family, Joe Walsh & Family, Cindy Frey & Family

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_New...nner/fp/10749/

Only one I saw with the Obamas was Cindy Frey and Family. It was a beautiful photo.

Last edited by Dawn; 05-12-2017 at 03:22 AM.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote