Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glenn Compilation

Default Re: New Glenn Compilation

I have Spotify on my laptop, but not at my work computer. I haven't listen to Spotify in a long time.

I kinda hate that IHeart Radio doesn't have the Soul Searchin' album to listen to. They have After Hours, No Fun Aloud, Solo Collection, and Strange Weather, but no Soul Searchin'. Any songs from that album is on the Solo Collection. I notice IHeart does have the two digital songs.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - I'm a little late to the party here, but am very excited about this as well. My only complaint is the glaring omission of songs from 'No Fun Aloud' - The One You Love is the only song from that album, which is too bad. Maybe the copyright issues from the album never got resolved. But, anyway, in spite of this, I'm still very glad to have this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Spotify has the "Soul Searchin'" album. Just FYI for those who are interested. The Dublin album has been available on Amazon music for a while now.

Definitely pre-ordered. I'm very excited. I hope the Dublin DVD is better quality than the bootleg I have.

I echo Dreamer's sentiment though about the songs from No Fun Aloud. I love Partytown.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    My Pandora has been playing songs from Live from Dublin for about a year now, and occasionally plays deep cuts as well - I heard half of the Soul Searchin' album one afternoon and I was ecstatic. It will also occasionally play songs from After Hours (again, ecstatic).

Anyway, I thought maybe Irving had released an advanced copy to Pandora, Spotify, IHeart Radio, etc., to promote it. (A side question - is Irving even behind this? I know Glenn was not managed by Irving for his solo career in the 80s and early 90s).

That's a good question, but I assume that Irving has taken responsibility for Glenn's solo work now.

It hadn't occurred to me there was only one track from NFA. Give me I Found Somebody or That Girl over Better In The USA any day, thanks. Although Partytown is on Dublin, of course.

Stuck on the Border

I believe Irving is/was one of the executors of Glenn's will. I wonder who made the decision to go ahead with this project. I am glad it is finally being released.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I believe Irving is/was one of the executors of Glenn's will. I wonder who made the decision to go ahead with this project. I am glad it is finally being released.
    I thought I'd read somewhere that Cindy is the executor (or executrix, to be precise) of the will...anyway, whoever made the decision, I'm glad it's being released too. I wonder pre-ordering is necessary though...is it going to sell out? I usually wait for things to come out before ordering them.

Stuck on the Border

If you pre-order, it can be shipped in advance of the release date so that you should get it on release date.

I see it is being released by Geffen Records, although the man himself is now longer involved. Apart from No Fun Aloud, Glenn's solo work has all been for labels that are now part of Universal.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I thought I'd read somewhere that Cindy is the executor (or executrix, to be precise) of the will...anyway, whoever made the decision, I'm glad it's being released too. I wonder pre-ordering is necessary though...is it going to sell out? I usually wait for things to come out before ordering them.
    She is probably the executrix of the private estate. It's common to have more than one person executing a will.

I hope this does well & that there may be some unreleased After Hours material or another solo concert which could be released at some point, but I am not very hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I see it is being released by Geffen Records, although the man himself is now longer involved. Apart from No Fun Aloud, Glenn's solo work has all been for labels that are now part of Universal.
    It's being released by Geffen Records? Wow... I always thought the reason No Fun Aloud is consistently ignored on every Greatest Hits package was because of issues with Geffen (even "The One You Love" was always a live version rather than the album version), but now... I have no idea why No Fun Aloud keeps getting the shaft.

In my opinion, it's second only to Strange Weather in terms of overall quality, and I have several favorite tracks ("That Girl" is one of my top five Glenn solo songs)."I Found Somebody" made the top 40, and it's not included here... why?

Something's up with No Fun Aloud.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten