Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lynn Theel / Schiller

Out on the Border

Default Lynn Theel / Schiller

We know that she was a girlfriend of Glenn in the mid-70's but she kind of disappeared in the radar afterwards despite being an actress and model. I was curious about her so googled her a bit and I bumped into this fan fiction article.

The author is a person called Alyx Dunn and the story's protagonist is a lady called Ryana, whose mother is Lynn Theel. At the time of Ryana's birth, Glenn and Lynn already split up but continued to be friendly with each other. Glenn supposedly adapted her and she grew up knowing that Glenn is her dad until realizing that her biological dad is Stephen Tyler of Aerosmith.

The story is laced with accurate real-life events like Glenn's first and second marriages and subsequent family with Cindy, Stephen's family, etc. However, it is fiction and the article does not suggest to be anything but.

I'm just wondering if there's a little bit of truth to this and if the author is actually related to Lynn Theel. Any thoughts?

https://www.quotev.com/story/8002621...ajor-Rewriting

Default Re: Lynn Theel / Schiller

I was rather excited to see this topic at first, as I've wanted to know more about Lynn and her relationship with Glenn for a while, but disappointed that this was fan fiction. I doubt there is truth to this...if Glenn had another kid out there, even one that wasn't really his, I think people would know by now. The thing about Steven Tyler reminds me of Liv Tyler - she grew up thinking Todd Rundgren was her father...

I am curious about Lynn, though. Who broke up with whom? Did she and Glenn ever see each other again? Does she have anything to say now about the time she spent with him? I'm sure we'll never know.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

groupie - I don't know the answer to any of your questions. Most everything we know about Lynn can be found in this thread ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ighlight=women

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks, Dreamer. There is surprisingly little information out there about Glenn's personal life. I love to know more about Lynn and Glenn's relationship with her, but I'm sure we'll never know.

You're welcome, groupie. Several years before his death, Glenn had mentioned that he was working on his memoirs. I keep hoping in the back of my little mind that he was far enough along where it may be able to be published at some point. It may be a case of hope against hope though.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Do we know if Lynn was the lady he lived with in New Mexico in the 1970s?

NMB - I believe this may have been discussed in the thread I linked to. I know he lived in NM with his first wife, Janie Beggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    You're welcome, groupie. Several years before his death, Glenn had mentioned that he was working on his memoirs. I keep hoping in the back of my little mind that he was far enough along where it may be able to be published at some point. It may be a case of hope against hope though.
    That's a shame he never got to finish it. I bet it would have been a fascinating read! There isn't even a biography about him. So many things we'll never know!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That is a bummer. Maybe Henley's memoirs (and to a lesser extent, Joe Walsh's) will shed some light, but it can never give us Glenn's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That is a bummer. Maybe Henley's memoirs (and to a lesser extent, Joe Walsh's) will shed some light, but it can never give us Glenn's perspective.
    That's assuming they actually finish theirs before it's too late.

I'm betting most of these "working on memoirs" comments simply mean they've jotted down some things or typed them up on their computers, and they certainly aren't going to have time to do more as long as they're on these mega-tours.

I hope they are able to get from notes to published manuscript and perhaps Glenn's death will motivate them to stop putting it off, but I am not going to count on it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten