Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

Default Re: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

I always loved them all but in their early days had a soft spot for Randy. What an incredible voice. And although I've been a TBS die-hard for years and always will be, I have to admit that Bernie knocked the wind out of me when he walked on stage - and held my attention for long moments throughout the show. The hair may be gone but not the gifted talent. And I have to add that he is in remarkable physical shape (the man has a BODY) and is extremely attractive. What a total package!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    I have to admit that Bernie knocked the wind out of me when he walked on stage - and held my attention for long moments throughout the show.
    It's been a long time since I've seen anyone look so comfortable playing a guitar - it doesn't even looks like he needs to concentrate half the time! He nailed the solos in PEF, Take It Easy and the bits and pieces in Lyin' Eyes. Hard to believe he'd spent just shy of 40 years out of the band and indeed out of the spotlight. I hope he sticks around (even if not in an official capacity) for whatever the band decides to embark on next.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    It's been a long time since I've seen anyone look so comfortable playing a guitar - it doesn't even looks like he needs to concentrate half the time! He nailed the solos in PEF, Take It Easy and the bits and pieces in Lyin' Eyes. Hard to believe he'd spent just shy of 40 years out of the band and indeed out of the spotlight. I hope he sticks around (even if not in an official capacity) for whatever the band decides to embark on next.
    I was so impressed with his easy and grace & it's so obvious that he is thrilled to be back and part of such an incredible experience. And when he picked up his banjo for DD/D I thought I would cry! Sheer joy!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As I posted earlier, I have to agree with both of you, tlr and cynd. I would love it if Bernie sticks around with the band in some capacity.

I've always had an immense appreciation for his talent, but I have gained a total new respect for him as I've witnessed what a class act he has become as he has come out of the shadows over the last couple of years. No doubt in my mind that he has aged very gracefully, indeed!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

[quote=randysgirl;276732]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
    On the ex eagle discussion- my first favorite is Randy. It really was not until seeing him in HOTE that I realized how truly good looking he was. Physically good looking for sure, but something about his inner nature seems to come through on his face as well. Peacefulness or a kindness? maybe? I don't know quite what it is.

I have thought the same thing many times after watching the HOTE. The full impact of his looks and talent kind of hit me like a "wow" moment. There are many good looking and talented men, but something about Randy, some intangible quality comes through. It is very attractive and endearing at the same time.
    Vulnerability perhaps. A touch of the James Dean "wounded man-child" archetype that is so compelling - to me, anyway!

Randy is so talented as a musician/singer and it doesn't hurt that he is gorgeous. I do think it's the vulnerability quality that attracts a lot of people to him at first sight. From what I've read about him he is very shy and gentle in nature aslo.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

A lot of people can relate to it as well. The first time I watched HOTE (only a little over a month ago! It caused me to become a full-on Eagles fan), it was striking how similarly Joe Walsh and Randy described their feelings at the height of the band's fame. Randy says something like, "I was basically terrified all the time." Joe felt the same but covered it up with humor, outrageous behavior and alcohol.

Out on the Border

Hi, I am new to this message board. I live on a farm close to Scottsbluff Ne, the hometown of Randy Meisner. I remember watching him in the Dynamics back in the 60's. Needless to say, he is my favorite ex- Eagle. I had forgotten how much fun it used to be to drive by his home and imagine him writing/ performing in the studio in back of his home. Of course, that was about 35 years ago! Watching The History of the Eagles recently was indeed a blast from the past.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Welcome Hometown! You've come to the right place if you're a Randy fan!!

Out on the Border

[image.jpgthis photo was on a Nebraska Music Hall of Fame website. Randy at his first rehearsal for his new group, The Dynamics. He was 14 at the time. Poor photo quality, but the earliest picture I could find of Randy playing in a band.