Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe - The Future

Default Re: Joe - The Future

Interesting ...seems that Joe and Bad Company will be rotating the headlining spot each show ....

https://www.facebook.com/JoeWalshOff...693057489784:0

Joe appears to be interested in doing some kind of James Gang reunion to commemorate their 50th anniversary. This sounds pretty exciting, and something to look forward to after the Tom Petty tour is over. The 50th anniversary will be in 2018, if I'm not mistaken. That, plus more rumblings from Don H about "leaving the door open" for the Eagles ("we'll take another look and see what's possible"), would mean Joe's future seems pretty busy, career-wise, with no signs of slowing down. Joe has already expressed interest in doing some kind of project with Don H.

"Joe Walsh is Open to a James Gang Reunion"
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-w...-gang-reunion/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Where did Joe express interest in doing some sort of project with Don H?

It was in the Joe press thread. Specifically, he said:

[Vegas]is a good place to figure out how to navigate life after Glenn, to figure that out,” he said. “I know a lot of performers have come through Las Vegas and done well. We could do something of a retrospective, and I’ve thought of doing that with Don, actually. It wouldn’t be the Eagles, but maybe we can go out and he can play his stuff and I can play my stuff.”
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/enterta...ter-glenn-frey

Come to think of it, he never said Don Henley...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    It was in the Joe press thread. Specifically, he said:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/enterta...ter-glenn-frey

Come to think of it, he never said Don Henley...
    I remembered that article. True. He didn't say Don H, but the article also didn't bring up Felder since he was also playing in Vegas around that time. I had wonder if he was talking about Don or Felder, but I didn't say anything since nobody didn't pick up on that until now. So I think Joe probably thought the fans knew he was talking about Don H instead of Felder. That's probably why he didn't say which Don he was talking about.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thanks. I was wondering if it was just Joe saying that he could do that, or whether it was something that Don had mentioned.

Sorry, AT, for my being vague. Don H gave a radio interview on Feb. 4 and said this:

After Frey’s death, Henley said he would no longer play with The Eagles, but he leaves that door open now.

“We just passed the one-year anniversary of his passing. We wanted to give it a year to mourn and to absorb his death. Now that the new year is upon us, we’ll take another look and see what might be possible.”
    "Don Henley-Statesman of Rock"
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...tesman-of-rock

I suppose I should post it on Don's press thread as well, but I'm kind of hesitant...at any rate, it looks like both Don and Joe are open to possibly playing together.

Thanks, Delilah. But, I can't see any reference to Joe there. Don's comment could mean anything. I suspect that might be the reality: Don himself hasn't decided what he will do.

Banned

I see that Ringo is putting together, yet another new album. More than likely Joe will be playing on that. Maybe he'll rejoin Ringo's All Starr band too.

If he's not working with Henley and other ex-Eagles, I reckon Joe will be making music with another bunch of musicians in a year or two, as long as he is still able. He likes being in a band, especially after being solo for a few years.

I think Henley's the same. Would Henley form a new band or give Tim, Joe and Bernie a call. I think he'd still want Scott, Steuart and the others involved too though.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I see that Ringo is putting together, yet another new album. More than likely Joe will be playing on that. Maybe he'll rejoin Ringo's All Starr band too.

If he's not working with Henley and other ex-Eagles, I reckon Joe will be making music with another bunch of musicians in a year or two, as long as he is still able. He likes being in a band, especially after being solo for a few years.

I think Henley's the same. Would Henley form a new band or give Tim, Joe and Bernie a call. I think he'd still want Scott, Steuart and the others involved too though.
    Henley has a band.

For that matter Walsh & Schmit have bands.