Page 112 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Some reviews I've read of the Fleetwood Mac performances last summer at The Classic are quite critical of Nicks and Buckingham.

Why I felt betrayed by Fleetwood Mac at Classic West

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...717-story.html

Excerpt

"Buckingham's queasy feelings about Classic West suggested, the singer and guitarist appears more interested these days in cultivating a new audience than with servicing the lifers. Which is a valuable impulse. But that meant that this concert, with its graying demographic, resembled an obligation on the band's part — a chore not worth putting too much effort into."

----------------

"servicing the lifers".
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-11-2018 at 12:09 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    They've been here before, but what makes it so much more upsetting to me is that this could very well be their last tour.

In 1987, they were all in their 40s. They had time to do their own thing, to cool off, to maybe get together again... and that's exactly what happened.

Now, as we've tragically seen with Glenn, they may not have that much time left.

If the last tour we get is this travesty - and it looks like that is quite probably the case - then it's far sadder than all those past ups and downs; those occurred when their story was still in the midst of being told, when there was still hope, rather than when it was coming to an end and there is nothing left but despair.
    It still is possible that they can do one offs becuase all of them are still alive. None of them have died. Look at Eric Clapton he said he would not be touring anymore but still does shows here and there

Latest from Rollingstone

Broken Chain

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...rtures-w518940

Excerpt

Lindsey Buckingham 1974 to 1987, 1996 to 2018

"We're still waiting on details of Buckingham's departure, but it's no secret that it's always been a struggle for him to co-exist in a band with his ex-girlfriend. The legend of Nicks grows every year and she did a huge arena tour last year with the Pretenders. It showed that people will show up in droves just for her. That same time, the Eagles were making enormous money with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey. It was likely enough to convince promoters that Fleetwood Mac minus Buckingham was still something that would generate a ton of money. Also, it paves the way for a big reunion tour in a few years. In the world of Fleetwood Mac, if you played on Rumours, they are always willing to let you back in."

----------------------------------------------

Hmmm a big reunion tour in a few years. Assuming they are all in good health and can actually tour. How old will they all be then?
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-10-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    It still is possible that they can do one offs becuase all of them are still alive. None of them have died. Look at Eric Clapton he said he would not be touring anymore but still does shows here and there
    This is true. While I appreciate that they are much older than the previous times this has happened, I don’t put much stock in “Farewell” tours. It wouldn’t surprise me if Lindsey returns at some point.

Still, it’s a shame this happened at all.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks for all the info everyone. I had wanted to see them on their new tour, now I count myself lucky to have seen them last summer.

More from Rolling Stone

Why We Love It When Fleetwood Mac Keep Breaking Up

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ingham-w518935

Excerpt

"Now this is Peak Mac. Could this happen to any other band? Fleetwood Mac, the crew that loves breakup drama more than any other six or seven bands combined, topped their own standards on Monday, with the announcement that they'd fired Lindsey Buckingham. This split is more than one of the year's strangest headlines – it's a new dysfunctional chapter for the fivesome who wrote the book on packing up and shacking up. This is the most quintessential Fleetwood Mac move they've ever made. Any band can explode a time or three, but only these guys could break up continuously for 40 years, putting each other through untold agonies and then always coming back together for more punishment. The Mac is dead; long live the Mac."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Clearly you don’t understand sarcasm . Also don’t give me a lecture. Relax
    Apologies, but the way you wrote it, implying the scenario was identical, did not suggest sarcasm.

Also, to answer another of your posts, Fleetwood Mac, like the Eagles, had multiple 'lead singers' not just one.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Neil Finn definitely sings: check out Split Enz and Crowded House. He's a very talented songwriter and opinionated individual, so him joining an iconic band such as Fleetwood Mac is a real head-scratcher. Finn has his own catalogue of music; is he going to happily put that to one side and perform only music that others made famous? Odd.

Mike Campbell makes perfect sense and seems like he'd be a good fit, musically and personally.

Soda: what do you think could possibly be so divisive an issue that Nicks would reportedly force the band to choose between her and Lindsey??
    Absolutely. He's not going to do iconic songs like Don't Dream It's Over & Weather With You any more so he can harmonise on Dreams? He'd have to sing lead, surely, and he doesn't really have the vocal chops for songs like Go Your Own Way & I'm So Afraid. It's the Gill situation again, except from where I sit, Neil Finn is a far more significant musician (I do realise that is probably not the case in the United States).

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Apologies, but the way you wrote it, implying the scenario was identical, did not suggest sarcasm.

Also, to answer another of your posts, Fleetwood Mac, like the Eagles, had multiple 'lead singers' not just one.
    It's okay
    That's why I put the

I haven't been familiar with Mac that long so I always assumed Stevie was the Lead Singer. Thx for that.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Here is my local paper's take on it -
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...410-story.html

To me this highlights just how impressive it is that Don and Glenn managed to keep it together, with Tim and Joe, since 1994. Not an easy feat for any group of individuals with histories, personalities, preferences, families, goals, solo albums, solo tours etc...

The Irving bit is interesting...