Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Border Book Club

Default Re: Some Glenn animations!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Oops--guess this isn't the place for this discussion. Should of started this up in the thread What Are You Reading in Cheap Wine.
    Good idea - I think I'll move it over there so we can continue it!

Maybe next time Soda is up here I will send her home with all the books as homework!
    Yes, because I need one more fandom to spend my money on! lol

My HP fan friends have indeed told me that the books are MUCH better, although they were both angered at how the last book went (don't worry, won't spoil it here).

Another series those two friends are trying to get me to read is Twilight! Willie has joined them in this cause too! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: The Border Book Club

I have just begun Twilight (book one). I am very excited about it because of all the good things I have heard about it here and at work!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Confession time----Loved Twilight, loved the 2nd book in the series, New Moon, got 300 pages into the 3rd book, Eclipse and had to put it down. Couldn't take it any more. I might go back to it again sometime but it was just getting to be a little to far fetched and drug out for me. Anyone else have that problem?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I just bought AC/DC Maximum Rock N' Roll, should be a good read

I'm loving the Twilight series. I'm on book 3 right now. I finished the first two books in 3 days. That's good for me because I don't read that often. I've read a few of Patricia Cornwell's books as well as some Daniel Steele in the past but nothing has captured my attention as much as Twilight. I didn't think i would like it but a friend at work talked me into reading it and now i'm completely into these books. I even turned my mom onto the series. She's passed me up already and has read all four of the books. I haven't had much time to read during the past few weeks but i've been taking the book to work the past few nights and reading during my breaks. I thought the movie was okay. I like the books so much better but i am anxious to see the second movie when it comes out.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

I finished the first book just before I watched the movie.Have not yet started the second book (I need to borrow it from my coworker). I have to read it before I watch the movie!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I finally got around to finishing Eclipse. I thought it was really good. It captured my attention throughout the whole book. Now i can't wait to start reading the fourth book.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

I must admit that even though i am a teenager I have never read twilight. Not my kind of books (i love HP though). I am way more of a classic reader, which is what most of my collection is. I loved "Slaughterhouse Five" by Kurt Vonnegut and "Johnny Got His Gun" by Dalton Trumbo, I also really love "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee and "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I love Edgar Allen Poe, Jane Austen, and J.D. Salinger. I also really love William Shakespeare (actually i love plays)and Oscar Wilde.

But I also love some of the newer writters. I have, and have read, all of John Grisham's novels. I have also just discovered Corrmac Mccarthy. The Road is the best book i have read in a few years. Barbara Kingsolver is also an amazing writter (if you pick one of her books i would go with "The Poisonwood Bible" i have read it twice this year). And another really good Book is "The Gun Seller" by Hugh Laurie (yes this is Dr. House) its really good because it is Kind of a spoof of James Bond.

Right Now I am reading The Awakening by Kate Chopin.
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

So, I've finally joined the rest of the HP fans in the know, and have discovered who the Half-Blood Prince is! Not who I was suspecting, that's for sure.... don't worry, I won't spoil it for you movie-goers who aren't reading the series. That movie will have quite an action-packed ending, that's for sure! I had to put the book down for awhile due to all my busy-ness, and then in the last week or two realized the movie was coming out soon, so I knew I had to get it finished. Now, my usual M.O. will be to hold off on HP7 until a couple months before that movie is due out. I know that would drive TBF batty!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Now, my usual M.O. will be to hold off on HP7 until a couple months before that movie is due out. I know that would drive TBF batty!
    My advice--read it now and then reread it right before the movie. From what I hear that movie is actually going to be a 2 parter to fit everything in!

Aren't you just loving those books?
    He sings it high, he plays it low