Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Yes, he was Loki and I just loved him ever since!!! I've seen so many of his films since then and I thought he did great as Hank Sr, and I totally agree about Elizabeth as Audrey.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Couldn't find a Tom Petty thread other than one that was about a TV appearance. It's this one: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=2925 Anyways, I like it when Jimmy Fallon does music bits, so here's a video of Fallon playing guitar and Kevin Bacon singing the First Draft of Free Fallin' or Free Horses.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5RjHELoev0

Fallon did this for Bob Seger and The Beach Boys.

Bob Seger - first draft of Old Time Rock and Roll:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef3vM7KJeu8

The Beach Boys - first draft of Fun Fun Fun:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynKqgo-x780

Smile Re: Favorite TV Shows

Myself and my wife live in the UK and on a recent holiday to Phoenix we discovered 'The Middle' and it is now our favourite TV show.
    We didn't realise they had made 7 seasons so we have a lot to catch up on!
    UK sitcoms have about 6-10 shows per season, whereas American series have about 25 shows per season.
    We just love the classic one-liners usually from the parents.
    I hear it is under-rated in the US but we think it's probably the best US comedy we have seen.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm finally watching "Gilmore Girls" and love it so much!!! I've been meaning to check it out for years especially since I'm a fan of Lauren Graham's from "Parenthood" and Alexis Bledel from her films, the show actually coming back with new episodes in November, and I know so many who loved the show including one of my high school best friends who named her daughter Rory after Alexis' character. I love the show, it being set in a small town, Lorelai and Rory's mother/daughter relationship, knowing Lorelai ends up with Luke but it takes years, the rest of the cast, the comedy mixed with drama, and seeing so many actors that are famous now playing the teenagers on here (they look like babies LOL). I can relate so much to Rory as when this show started in 2000 I was a freshman in high school and Rory starts as a sophomore and all the high school & boy drama, not to mention her love for books and music from before she was born, so it's very nostalgic for me that way. Then I can relate now to Lorelai being 30 and still single. It's such a great show and I can't wait for the Netflix revival which starts in November!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    Myself and my wife live in the UK and on a recent holiday to Phoenix we discovered 'The Middle' and it is now our favourite TV show.
    UK sitcoms have about 6-10 shows per season, whereas American series have about 25 shows per season.
    I hear it is under-rated in the US but we think it's probably the best US comedy we have seen.
    "The Middle" is one of my favorite shows. I like that the dad is not portrayed as a clueless oaf as is often the case with sitcoms.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    The Middle is one of the few modern sitcoms I love to watch.

I've been binge watching Father Brown (the modern adaption). I'm on season 3. PBS has started airing it, and I got hooked. The only cast member familiar with is Mark Williams (,Mr. Weasley in the Harry Potter films). I'd never heard of the short stories it's based on before.b
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado

Are there any Star Trek fans here? While reading about Don Felder's recognition on the RS website, I noticed that today is the 50th anniversary of the first Star Trek episode broadcast.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...ything-w438090

My hubby is a huge fan of all things Star Trek and over the years a bit of his enthusiasm has rubbed off on me. It's amazing that the franchise continues to pull in new fans to this day. My kids love the new movies with Chris Pine.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
    Are there any Star Trek fans here? While reading about Don Felder's recognition on the RS website, I noticed that today is the 50th anniversary of the first Star Trek episode broadcast.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...ything-w438090

My hubby is a huge fan of all things Star Trek and over the years a bit of his enthusiasm has rubbed off on me. It's amazing that the franchise continues to pull in new fans to this day. My kids love the new movies with Chris Pine.
    I spent most of last night watching old Star Trek documentaries on the DECADES network ( digital network affiliated with CBS). I love Star Trek particularly TNG, TOS Enterprise, and Voyager. My uncle got me interested about 8 years ago, and my interest has grown since then.

If any American who gets MeTV and likes Star Trek is interested, Svengoolie will air the original non-Captain Kirk pilot episode of the original series this Saturday night at 10pm. It's called The Cage.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado

Thanks for the info AG95!

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Watching "Three's Company" re-runs now.

Love the show. Love John Ritter.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney