Page 115 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Doesn't matter what the rest of them want. They have ZERO say in anything. This is on Don and Irving, of course. Joe Walsh could shout from the rooftops, "I want to perform as the Eagles!!" and with out Don, it couldn't happen. Technically, Tim & Joe aren't even really Eagles. They're hired hands. They just happen to be hired a LONG time ago.....
    Does make you wonder ... What if TBS and JW said they didn't want to reunite. Would they be overruled and if they still refused then what?

Stuck on the Border

MHO on the festivals is that this had been in the works for a long time. The first clue was probably when Don gave the statement saying the Eagles could unite if Deacon Frey could take Glenn's place. He then of course had to back track on this and state he was just musing when he said this. These kind of festivals take months to plan. I think they wanted to wait until the one year anniversary of Glenn's passing before announcing the concerts. I had read a interview in Jan. or Feb. where Tim stated he missed performing on "the big stage". I know Joe stated in interviews how much he missed/loved Glenn, and I am sure he also missed playing as the Eagles. I am not saying this is right, because I feel without Glenn, the founder, they should have hung it up.
    As I said, just MHO. I do not want to hurt or offend anyone. I hope those who can afford it and choose to go have a great time.

Stuck on the Border

When it was first rumoured I saw a comment on Facebook (possibly Jack Tempchin's page) that it was going ahead either with just Don or with all three. It seemed plausible to me. Get Don to commit and then approach the other two, with a fallback if Joe and Timothy didn't want to do it.

Banned

Doesn't matter what the rest of them want. They have ZERO say in anything. This is on Don and Irving, of course. Joe Walsh could shout from the rooftops, "I want to perform as the Eagles!!" and with out Don, it couldn't happen. Technically, Tim & Joe aren't even really Eagles. They're hired hands. They just happen to be hired a LONG time ago.....
    I know they were both hired on different terms to Felder but Tim and Joe are very much Eagles. Every body refers to them as Eagles. They're in all the band photos and merchandise etc. Eagles have employed an increasing number of sidemen to play on stage, many were also heavily involved in the making of the Long Road Out Of Eden album but it was just Glenn, Don, Joe and Tim, listed as band members and there were only four taking extended bows at the end of their concerts (maybe Bernie too after the HOTE shows?)

I believe they all attend a band meeting at the start of each year. I believe that they agreed to a fallow year after Glenn's death. I'm looking forward to seeing how they cope without Glenn. They're going to have to raise their game to make it a success. Glenn's loss is going to bring them closer together or drive them apart. I hope it's the former..

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I know they were both hired on different terms to Felder but Tim and Joe are very much Eagles. Every body refers to them as Eagles. They're in all the band photos and merchandise etc. Eagles have employed an increasing number of sidemen to play on stage, many were also heavily involved in the making of the Long Road Out Of Eden album but it was just Glenn, Don, Joe and Tim, listed as band members and there were only four taking extended bows at the end of their concerts (maybe Bernie too after the HOTE shows?)

I believe they all attend a band meeting at the start of each year. I believe that they agreed to a fallow year after Glenn's death. I'm looking forward to seeing how they cope without Glenn. They're going to have to raise their game to make it a success. Glenn's loss is going to bring them closer together or drive them apart. I hope it's the former..
    Joe and Tim are members of the Eagles band, but have no ownership in the Eagles company. In that respect, they are employees of the Eagles company, if that makes any sense. Therefore, they don't have the say that Don (and possibly Cindy Frey) have. Still, Im sure they had the right to say no if they so desired. Just because Don has ownership rights doesn't mean he can force anyone into doing anything, so in that respect Joe and Timothy's agreement in the project was important.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Joe and Tim are members of the Eagles band, but have no ownership in the Eagles company. In that respect, they are employees of the Eagles company, if that makes any sense. Therefore, they don't have the say that Don (and possibly Cindy Frey) have. Still, Im sure they had the right to say no if they so desired. Just because Don has ownership rights doesn't mean he can force anyone into doing anything, so in that respect Joe and Timothy's agreement in the project was important.
    Very important because w/o Timothy and Joe seems what you're left with is Don Henley and his backing band.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Does make you wonder ... What if TBS and JW said they didn't want to reunite. Would they be overruled and if they still refused then what?
    They'd never refuse. At this point I think they really need Joe but hey, they're going to do this w/out Glenn, so I'd say they're all expendable. Except Don.
    That's pretty much what's sickening about this to me.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

Why do you think they attend band meetings at the beginning of every year? I'm not sure if Tim & Joe ever go to any band meetings. I doubt there are band meetings. Don and Irving (and formerly Glenn) run this show. Period.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Border Rebel

[QUOTE=Midnight Visitor;356472]Why do you think they attend band meetings at the beginning of every year? I'm not sure if Tim & Joe ever go to any band meetings. I doubt there are band meetings. Don and Irving (and formerly Glenn) run this show. Period.[/QUOTE

I think all 3 of the current Eagles have referred to the band meetings, so I don't doubt that they happen. Not sure if Glenn talked about them before he passed away or not. I also don't doubt that Joe and Timothy and Glenn's family have a say, but IMHO, Don has the final say. Don may be influenced by Irving (in fact, I'm sure he is), but Irving works for Don, so he doesn't tell Don what to do.

Banned

Why do you think they attend band meetings at the beginning of every year? I'm not sure if Tim & Joe ever go to any band meetings. I doubt there are band meetings. Don and Irving (and formerly Glenn) run this show. Period.
    I could never figure out why Eagles announced tours at such short notice compared to other major live acts. It's not like them to be missing out on all the interest they could earn by announcing dates 12 months in advance.

Having a sort of rebirth for the HFO tour and then again in 2001 when they dumped Felder, I reckon they made some house rules, designed to prevent the band from disintegrating like it did at the end of the 70s. One was definitely, no long term plans. They have Christmas off and then meet to decide what they'll do the following year. I can't see a reason why they would stop doing them.

I vaguely remember, after the LROOE tour, when the band went back to the regular setlist, Joe went public with his belief that the Eagles set list was tired and needed a change. Before the next summer's Eagles dates were announced, news was circulated that Joe would be spending the summer on the road as a special guest to some big country star (I forgotten who , Urban or Paisley maybe). Apparently an Eagles insider got in touch with L&M's Facebook page to ask them the source of the announcement. That summer, Joe just played occasional dates with the country star, spending most of the summer on the road with Eagles, playing the tired set list, for the last time... before the History Of The Eagles show, with Bernie and hopefully Randy back on stage, was put together.

I reckon that's an example of Joe influencing a major band decision.

I don't know how close they are now but Joe and Irving were very close in the 70s. Joe, Irving and Dan Fogelberg traveled to LA together, sharing the same car. Irving was already their manager. Joe always insisted on having adjoining room with Irving, when booking a hotel. I can't see Irving ignoring Joe's wishes in band discussions.

Don, Tim and Joe all recognise the distinction between working solo work and working as a band. There must be a realignment of the band dynamics without Glenn but they'll still treat it as a team effort and they'll still expect it to be far more lucrative than their solo careers, so they'll be wise to nurture the band culture. It's going to be interesting to see how much Joe and Tim will defer to Don and how much say Don will allow them to have but I'm sure they'll all de determined to make it work at least for two shows.