Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I love this! This is brilliant!
    Thanks Chaim. It just popped into my head at about 5 am this morning.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    It's so true Nancy, No more Eagles and that's hard to swallow. My heart breaks for his family and band mates.
    For me, this is what hurts the most. The band has come to a very sad and abrupt end, and so has an era. RIP, Eagles.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Out on the Border

So sad RIP Glenn

"When he shall die, cut him into little stars,and he shall make the heavens so fond, that all the world will fall in love with the night and pay no worship to the garish sun."

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    For me, this is what hurts the most. The band has come to a very sad and abrupt end, and so has an era. RIP, Eagles.
    I find I am mourning on two fronts. First for Glenn's passing but also for the end of the Eagles without a true chance to say goodbye as fans.

Both hurt tremendously and I can only hope the remaining Eagles give us some sort of a show (centred around a Glenn tribute?) as a farewell in the near future.

SO sad. The last couple of weeks has been so unbelievably hard, what with David Bowie and now Glenn passing away...musicians I have grown up with and grown older with. When I heard the news yesterday, my first thoughts went to this website and the friends I met a few years ago--Soda, Dreamer, and others at Hershey, the Bitter End, and BergenPAC. Although I don't check in here any longer, I do think of you all from time to time, and I do know how much you are aching right now. Condolences and prayers to Glenn's family, bandmates, and fans. His music will live on.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I've got to say that the pneumonia thing is familiar to me. It's part of what took out my dad in 2007. Lying there flat on your back with a weakened immune system really leaves you susceptible to pneumonia.

I never had the pleasure of seeing the band live like so many have. I'll just have to cherish the happiness that Glenn's music gave me and will give me.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Been all day trying to get onto the Border but it's been too busy - a measure of our love for a man who was the spark that lit the conflagration of the Eagles. No words yet. Love to everyone here and Glenn's family and friends.

Horrified that only got a ticker tape mention on BBC.

First Bowie, now Glenn.

Sad beyond belief.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-casanova.html

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

This is the first time I have had access to the Border since last night when news of Glenn 's death was broken. I am heartbroken beyond words. I will post a proper appreciation later
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Rebel

This last paragraph from an article in BILLBOARD gives me a little hope that maybe there could be more of Glenn's music out eventually:

As the History of the Eagles Tour wound down last year, Frey certainly had his eye on the future. [B]Despite his medical issues, he spoke of being "three-quarters finished" with some songs for a solo album of original material[/B]. And, according to Henley, Frey was taking the lead role in development an Eagles musical for Broadway. "We're very fortunate," Frey said at the time. "We use the Eagles as the mothership and then we go out and do individual stuff, whether it's acting or environmental work or solo shows, then we come back to the Eagles and it's fresh again, so we've been able to strike a good balance between personal life, personal career and Eagles business.