Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Eagles songs best exhibit Don's drumming skills?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What Eagles songs best exhibit Don's drumming skills?

Also, LBG! Joe gets the attention on this song, and it's hard to look away from him, but next time you see these guys in concert, watch Don on drums.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I didn't realize that anything he did wasn't great?
    supurb drummer

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I think he's fantastic at it and to sing while drumming? Yikes!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Also, LBG! Joe gets the attention on this song, and it's hard to look away from him, but next time you see these guys in concert, watch Don on drums.
    I agree, VA. Don sets the stage for LBG so Joe get into his solo in the beginning. I love his drumming in this song. There are a few songs I just don't see Don not drumming on if he completely stop drumming(WIth the Eagles of course. I know he doesn't be behind the drums when he's doing his solo shows). LBG, OFTN, HC, and ICTYW.

Out on the Border HenleyFan1971's Avatar

I love his drumming but didn't he have knee surgery/issues a few years ago if so I would not drum as much to save that knee there is a lot of pain with knees since I am having a issue with that right now my self my favorite drumming is One of these night and Hotel California basically any thing he drums on lol
    Last edited by HenleyFan1971; 12-06-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I agree, VA. Don sets the stage for LBG so Joe get into his solo in the beginning. I love his drumming in this song. There are a few songs I just don't see Don not drumming on if he completely stop drumming(WIth the Eagles of course. I know he doesn't be behind the drums when he's doing his solo shows). LBG, OFTN, HC, and ICTYW.
    He no longer drums on Heartache Tonight, Life In The Fast Lane or Rocky Mountain Way.

What is unusual is that he is making up for this due to the inclusion of Doolin-Dalton etc, & also now Tequila Sunrise, a song on which he had not played drums since the 1970s.

In HOTE he talks about the set of red Slingerland drums he was given which he still owns & I was wondering if that is the set he uses at the start of the show in Witchy Woman. I would have thought he wouldn't want to risk it & would be using something similar.

You know something, FP. I wonder that too if those his first set of drums he ever own or bought.

Its a shame he doesn't play the drums on those songs you posted. He does a good job drumming on those songs. I really enjoy seeing him having fun out front with LITFL and seen him jumped with Joe on the different clips on Youtube. It seems that song is getting blocked now when its posted.

I want to rephrase my statement. The songs I put down. I was saying it would be so weird to not see Don play the drums on those songs if he does one day completely stop playing the drums in concert and just play with the guitar and up front with all the guys.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

In HOTE he talks about the set of red Slingerland drums he was given which he still owns & I was wondering if that is the set he uses at the start of the show in Witchy Woman. I would have thought he wouldn't want to risk it & would be using something similar.
    I wondered about that too! It would be cool if it were, but I could understand not risking getting them damaged.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

It was cool that Don still have drums for 50 something years ago. They might have a little damage or some wears and tears.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-06-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    You know something, FP. I wonder that too if those his first set of drums he ever own or bought.

Its a shame he doesn't play the drums on those songs you posted. He does a good job drumming on those songs. I really enjoy seeing him having fun out front with LITFL and seen him jumped with Joe on the different clips on Youtube. It seems that song is getting blocked now when its posted.

I want to rephrase my statement. The songs I put down. I was saying it would be so weird to not see Don play the drums on those songs if he does one day completely stop playing the drums in concert and just play with the guitar and up front with all the guys.
    I know what you meant. If he were to stop drumming entirely while the Eagles still exist, that would just be wrong, in my opinion.