Page 281 of 301 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    Oh, also loved all the little tidbits from Don Felder, since they were friends.
    That was the first time I've heard that Take It To The Limit went into Randy's head - as a writer. Not sure if I believe that. That happened with Peter Criss (KISS) and Beth. But Randy had more to do with his song than Peter with his!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

This is slightly Eagles related but I've seen them mentioned now in a few reviews of Kings of Leon's latest album "Walls". Kings of Leon really have gone back to their Southern rock sound they started with but it's also still current including having some nice ballads. I've seen some already saying "Walls" is their "Hotel California" and it's now my fav KOL album. I've never liked all the songs on one of their albums till now. It's such a fantastic album and I think I can hear the comparison there.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    This is slightly Eagles related but I've seen them mentioned now in a few reviews of Kings of Leon's latest album "Walls". Kings of Leon really have gone back to their Southern rock sound they started with but it's also still current including having some nice ballads. I've seen some already saying "Walls" is their "Hotel California" and it's now my fav KOL album. I've never liked all the songs on one of their albums till now. It's such a fantastic album and I think I can hear the comparison there.
    Funny you should say that because http://www.thenational.ae/arts-life/music/album-review-kings-of-leon-return-to-their-roots-in-walls turned up today and the review is full of Eagles references.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That was one of the ones I saw last night UTW. Glad I wasn't the only one realizing it.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    This is weird because I was reading a review of the Kings of Leon album in the newspaper on a train journey a couple of weeks ago. There were no Eagles mentions in their review, but by some strange coincidence, one of the albums I was listening to on that journey was Desperado. It was only recently that I discovered that they were originally a Southern rock band, I was really only aware of their (for want of a better term) more 'stadium rock' type songs (Sex On Fire and suchlike).

This from the Washington Post where Don Henley and others discuss Don's previous statements about Deacon Frey, the Kennedy Center Honors, some band history and Glenn's death.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html

Well, there you go then. I'm going to change the title of the other thread!

A revealing article.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

The lyrics manuscript for Hotel California is up for auction at Sotheby's on Dec 10th.
    http://pitchfork.com/news/70080-john...p-for-auction/

Here's a picture - I wish it was all spread out.
    http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/...87/lot.55.html

Any handwriting experts here? I think the sheet with all the rhymes for "Ice" is probably Glenn's whereas the one headed "Hotel California" is Don's. Of course, it doesn't tell us who came up with a line/phrase/word, just who wrote it down.

Banned

Very interesting document, considering that they always claimed that they disposed of anything that they didn't use. Thanks for posting UndertheWire.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    This from the Washington Post where Don Henley and others discuss Don's previous statements about Deacon Frey, the Kennedy Center Honors, some band history and Glenn's death.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html
    Great article! Thanks Delilah!

And loved the HC lyrics! So great to see documents like that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten