Page 275 of 301 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I agree it is a great article. I am proud to call myself a fan of such an erudite and intelligent musician! (Of course, we knew that from his lyrics!) Would love to read his thoughts on the other albums too, I have been too busy lately to think about trying to acquire the Rolling Stone special.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm glad they're posting them online as it's great!!! That's one of the reasons I'm glad I got that edition. I totally agree about Don and loved getting to read this.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I love the Q&A about each album that Don did. I love the whole issue, but that part is cool since it's new.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I love Don's Q&A but as a teacher, I have to give him a 0 on his peyote answer. He plagiarized it from this source! He didn't even bother to correct "drank" to "drunk" when he copied and pasted the material from the site into his answer (Don does most interviews via email nowadays). Tsk tsk!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Yikes! I can't believe Don plagiarised! Shame on you, Don for not setting a good example for your kids. ..and why do I think that if someone plagiarised DON he wouldn't be too happy. ..lol
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

Yeah, it was obviously copied from somewhere - I wouldn't expect Don to carry around that level of detail on the effects of a drug. I think he'd have been better keeping it brief and just written about their experience but I guess he was afraid of appearing to condone the use of mind-altering substances.

Still, overall, I'm delighted with the answers he gave for all the albums. I imagine there was an overlap with the preparation he did for his eulogy at Glenn's memorial.

I just remember thinking that of all topics that I would have loved Don to give further detail and personal insights on, peyote wasn't one of them!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

This is Paul Rodgers talking about Joe Walsh:
    "We definitely crossed paths," Rodgers says. "I remember meeting Joe very early on, before he had joined the Eagles. There was a party and we were sitting together in Malibu Beach, and he was telling me that he was thinking about retiring, actually, and getting away from the business all together.

"And he said, 'But there's this band. Perhaps you've heard of them. They're called the Eagles.' I said 'Yeah, I've heard of them.' He said 'Well, they've invited me to play with them.' I said 'Well, you know what you might want to do is go play with them and then go off into the country and do all of that,' which he did. The next thing I knew, he had joined the Eagles, basically. We go back a long ways."
    http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/m...609-story.html
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 06-10-2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Hmm! Interesting factoid! Thanks for finding that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Thanks for finding that cool tidbit, UtW. I love finding out that some of my favorite musicians go back a long ways!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time