Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Like Chris Mosterd; from Holland

Default Like Chris Mosterd; from Holland

Hello, from Holland

I was pleasantly surprised to find this eagles-forum.
    Nice to chat with other fans. But gotta worn you, my english is not that well and I'm quite insecure about it.
    I am 36 years old, that means that my lattest english lessons were about 16 years ago (?) I'm married for 15 years now, have two kids; a daugther(13) and a son(10).
    My hubby introduced me to the eagles, when we bought our first dvd-player. He said he simply had to have 'Hell freezes over' from the eagles, I had never heard of them. That is, ofcourse I knew Hotel California and probebly some other songs, but not the band. And it took some while, till I learned to love them. But now I'm on. Much more than my partner.
    I'm really faithfull to things/people and also to this band. We've seen them in Rotterdam/Holland, farewell 1, and I made a few pictures with my cellphone. Am sure you've never seen worse picturse as they are, but I didn't care. Had a picture from Tim, (5th row, standing) and used it as desk-top. Nobody could really see who it was but me. Had it for a whole year there, till something happend to our pc. Now its James Blunt I'm looking at, he's cool to, but its no Eagle, you know. (he's younger, thats for sure, ha)

My favorite actor is Johnny Depp.
    My favorite song? I really wouldn't know. To many of them.
    But I was pleasantly surpriced by Joe's 'one day at a time'.

Well thats all for now, please forgive me when I write poor english.
    Does anyone know the quote I wrote belowe? It's a Henley oneliner and I really don't know how to write it in english. Who can help me out?

See you all later.[/b]

by the way; Chris Mosterd is one of the copper section/brass players on the dvd farewell 1. He's the only foreign player in the set, and he is Dutch.
    The crowed was going mad when Glenn introduced him here in Holland.
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

Welcome to the Border, Farewell!! I'm glad you've joined us!

Please don't worry about the english, your english seems very good to me

Having a Timothy desktop picture works for me but then I like any and all Tim pictures!

Stuck on the Border

Welcome to you Farewell!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome farewell. It's great to have you and hope you like it here on The Border. Your English looks fine to me. This is a great supportive community of fans and I'm sure we will all be glad to help you out. I think you and the others here whose native language is not English are great. I know I would be very reluctant to post on a non-English speaking message board.

As far as your quote, it is from the Live - Inside Job DVD but, unfortunately, I don't have that one yet. Anyone here that can help out?

P. S. I need to get that DVD, don't I?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Welcome to the Border, farewell! Your English is perfectly understandable to me. We have many people of different nationalities on the board, so you are in good company.

I've heard that Henley quote before but I can't remember the exact words. I have a terrible memory for such things!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Oooooh, a new member from Holland, one of my favourite countries. Welcome from another non-English speaker, farewell.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome from me, too, farewell! This is a great place to talk about our favorite band and your English is great! I've heard that quote, too, but also, don't have the dvd it's from. I bet DonFan knows that one by heart and will help us out when she gets her internet up and running again!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hi, farewell, and welcome to the Border from me as well! Congratulations on your English - it's fine to read. I'm so pleased to hear that you saw the Eagles live last year. I went to three concerts, and thought they were amazing. Your husband has good taste to buy Hell Freezes Over as your first dvd. I have two kids as well, boys aged 19 and 17. They put up with my Eagles obsession but with a lot of .
    I have an article in Dutch about Glenn Frey. I'll scan it in and post it so that you may read it.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Welcome!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

That reminds me - I've got an article in Dutch, too! If you have the time and the desire, farewell, I'd love for you to give it a shot at translating it. If you don't, you can at least enjoy reading it!

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/artic...ekExpres74.pdf

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten