Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from New Zealand

Default Re: Hello Ms Frey

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I didn't realize that Tim is part American Indian.
    Tim's father is part Chilean and part Mexican and his mother's family is from Europe.

Out on the Border

Actually I am not 100% sure that Tim is part American Indian. I thought I read that somewhere.
    I really enjoyed the replies, now I am convinced that Glenn is the main man of the band.
    I was saddened to read about Joe. If I was placed in a similiar situation, I couldn't do it. Just some things in life that one never wants to have to deal with. My heart goes out to him.
    I do love watching Joe's wacky ways. You may find interesting that an album he helped Joe Vitale on the album called "Plantation Harbor" has some of Joe Walsh's best guitar licks.
    What do you think of Glenn's movie performance on "Jerry Mcquire"? I didn't get to see him on "Miami Vice.
    I wonder if Glenn ever played a round of golf with Tiger Woods?

Out on the Border

I had another dream some time ago going on backstage and behind the white lacy curtain was Timothy standing at a desk scribbling on some paper.
    I asked what he was doing? He replied he was writing some words down for a song.
    The others were doing a rehearsal. Timothy didn't mind me being there, he made me feel welcome. He was so nice and friendly.
    A nice dream.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

That was a great read, Soda and Dreamer. Thanks for the interesting insight even it is speculation.

Firstly, eaglestogether, I just wanted to say how nice it is to hear from you again. I enjoyed reading your posts, especially about your concert experience regarding the Eagles programme. Your insights on the individual Eagles are interesting, and I enjoyed your dream!

Soda, I must commend you on an extremely accomplished piece of writing. Your insights into the boys are informed opinions, and I have observed much the same of what you present in your post. You have provided me with new information too, especially about Joe. Over the last 5 months (going on 6) I've been studying Glenn and Don more than the others! I was so shocked and saddened to read about Joe's daughter, and my heart bleeds for him. What a horrible decision to have to make. I admire Joe's courage in the face of life's obstacles. I am currently taking life "One Day At A Time" too, after having lost my mother.

I suppose I can identify with Glenn and Don more than the others, which is why I love them so much. I had complete understanding and empathy with Glenn for when he left the Eagles, and even cut Don off, after having been so close to him for so long. Glenn may have put on the angry, independent front, and seemingly started his solo career glad to be rid of the burden of the Eagles, but I'm sure that the break-up tore at his heart, having invested so much of his time, energy and passion into the band and his friends. It's devastating when close bandmates start fighting and finding it unbearable even to be in the same room as each other, as I've experienced. The intense anger stems from having loved your friends so much, and depended on them, and then they show a side of themselves that is so bitterly disappointing that it causes you to just cut yourself off and walk away.

I also understand why Don was so hurt when Glenn walked out of his life for so many years. Perhaps he felt that he had less to do with Glenn's leaving than the others, and objected to having to bear the brunt of Glenn's anger. I have some experience in that department, too, unfortunately. Although Don, from what I've read, seems to be moody and difficult at times, I think it stems from lifelong insecurities, and being a sensitive soul, perhaps puts up a front, rather like Glenn (just in a different way), to prevent himself from getting hurt.

I think the fight that Glenn had with Don Felder in 1980 to cause the Eagles' break-up, which of course resulted in the whole band getting involved in the punch-up, really hurt him deeply. His cutting himself off from everyone, including Don Henley, was his way of protecting himself from further hurt.

Dreamer, I enjoyed your insights too. I agree with you about Glenn's temper - I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him! He gives me the impression of someone who doesn't leave one guessing where one stands with him - he communicates well and will quickly let one know when he is unhappy, as Irving Azoff and Glyn Johns discovered very early on! That is a quality I appreciate.

TF, thanks for your information on Tim! Wow, I'm really enjoying this thread!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down