The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Don Henley

Don Henley Cruise down a desert highway with Don Henley.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:02 PM   #41
sodascouts
Administrator

Default Re: Old Saturday Night Live episode with Don has musical guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Didn't really want to start a new thread, but in an SNL special called, "Saturday Night Live in the '80s: Lost & Found," they showed footage of Don singing "The Last Worthless Evening." It's from the TEOTI era, so you see the long hair Don. It's at the last 10 minutes of the show, maybe last 7-8 to be more specific. They show footage of Don and then they quietly play it in the background as a former SNL cast member talks. I just ignored what the guy was saying and tried to focus on the song and you can still hear it.
Cool! Thanks for the heads-up! Too bad about the guy talking over it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:18 PM   #42
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Happy 16th Anniversary to Don's second and last appearance on Saturday Night Live.

I have the very edited version still on my DVR and I decided to watch it.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:05 PM   #43
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Happy 17th Anniversary to Don's second and last appearance on Saturday Night Live.

I still have the recording when they shown it on TV I think 3 years ago. I might watch it tonight.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is online now   Reply With Quote