Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD - Jun 4, 2015

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD - Jun 4, 2015

I think a large part of the reason for indoor concerts is weather. While the band is usually protected, it takes the crowd out of it if they have to battle the elements the entire time, and lets face it, most of their fans these days aren't going to sit out in the rain. Most outdoor concerts are general admission, so to get a good seat you sit or stand in the elements for hours, and most will not sit in the rain for crappy seats. Personally I'm glad nearly all the concerts were indoor, as I do not do outdoor concerts unless they are the type where they're cheap and I don't care if I miss it by staying at home if the weather is rainy or too hot (I skipped a MercyMe concert last August due to heat). Amphitheaters are OK as long as my seat is reserved and well under cover, but open seating like at a stadium? No way...

I'm sorry to hear our guys seem to think perfect acoustics without AC is more important than ensuring their fans don't roast in their own sweat at 85 and 90 degrees, which would easily be the temperatures higher up. I can appreciate wanting perfect sound, and perhaps venues who want to attract big name bands should start thinking about heating and cooling and sound when building the things. Maybe our guys should only tour in the winter.

ETA: If this really is true, can you imagine what the venue in Miami will be like in mid-July?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

TimFan22 posted in the Oklahoma City thread that it got really hot during that show as well, to the extent that Tim pulled his hair back in a ponytail. She was in the front row. So, its not just the upper sections that are affected. It is certainly not uncommon for singers to ask for no A/C for vocal cord/ease of hitting the notes purposes. Not sure I'm totally buying that it is for "acoustics non-interference" purposes, but regardless of the reason, the result is bad for fans. I'm guessing the humidity has a big effect on the heat level inside.

Yeah, I was thinking about this during the three hours of commercials before The Belmont (slight exaggeration). Since I do VIP, I get in venues early, and some are like icebergs when you first get in them. Perhaps some are smart enough to drop the temp ahead of time so it's not too hot later. Others, maybe it comes down to the airflow of the venues.
    VK

I know the guys are under hot light but remember the guys have dry ice blown over the stage. It can be felt in the first row. You can see it. It looks like fog

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    I know the guys are under hot light but remember the guys have dry ice blown over the stage. It can be felt in the first row. You can see it. It looks like fog
    I have seen it, but I don't remember ever feeling any cooling effect from it. Now, that could be due to the super smokin' hot guys in front of me.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

I hope we are not going to have another example of the band's demands now going so far that they want air conditioning turned off. I would have thought the venue has a duty of care to audiences. I sincerely hope there is no truth in this. On the other hand my husband has said to me that when they book the venue they become the 'owners' & have the right to set the terms & conditions as they do with phones. But surely up to a point; surely the audience has a right to be comfortable.

I should say that the majority of the Australia & New Zealand shows were also indoors.

When I think back to the tweets I've read of people having to leave early due to heat, it makes me a little sick inside. To be fair, that hasn't been since the first leg of the tour. After that were complaints, but I didn't read about people leaving early. Let's face it, the arenas aren't hardly going to complain or push back on it, I'm sure they're delighted to leave it off.
    VK

This is so strange to me. I'd think that the tech people at least would want more cooling, simply because stage lights run very hot - this is why many TV studios are freezing cold - and the lighting techs wouldn't want them overheating. Then again, the band is the guest in the venue and probably calls the shots in regards to that sort of thing. And then on another note I'd hate to think the band would put acoustics over the well-being of the audience. Who knows?

Either way, I've told my mom to expect being very warm/hot during the show in GB tomorrow and to have some water with her. Since we're not sitting together this time I'll frankly be a little worried about heat, but we'll see how things play out. I hate hearing that people leave shows early due to unbearable heat, everyone should be able to enjoy the concerts comfortably. :/
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    This is so strange to me. I'd think that the tech people at least would want more cooling, simply because stage lights run very hot - this is why many TV studios are freezing cold - and the lighting techs wouldn't want them overheating. Then again, the band is the guest in the venue and probably calls the shots in regards to that sort of thing. And then on another note I'd hate to think the band would put acoustics over the well-being of the audience. Who knows?

Either way, I've told my mom to expect being very warm/hot during the show in GB tomorrow and to have some water with her. Since we're not sitting together this time I'll frankly be a little worried about heat, but we'll see how things play out. I hate hearing that people leave shows early due to unbearable heat, everyone should be able to enjoy the concerts comfortably. :/
    Like I said, those tweets were nearly two years ago. Down on floor will be hot but not overly so.
    VK

It was VERY warm at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks! A lady passed out right afterwards actually.....don't know if it was from the heat though.